Broadband Providers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bridget Posts: 539
We are moving into a new house soon in the country, and I would like to know which broadband providers are most reliable and available throughout the country. Tks
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Depends on what part of the country you're in! A lot of rural areas don't actually have any access to broadband while Digiweb or Clearwire or such provide broadband via satellite in certain areas!
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Clearwire codded me out of €40 this month and are refusing to refund it, their broadband was great in Dublin, pity about their customer service and billing departments!!
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
I find if you are in the country you might have to go with Eircom, alot of areas dont have other access unless your up a hill!! shop around though, some really good deals out there at the mo if the access is ok....
signorina_matrimonio Posts: 1297
Wherever you can get Eircom you can get BT as they rent their lines - I have BT and find them brilliant. Their customer service is impeccable and they are so nice. Eircom are doing quite competitive prices now but I really can't fault BT at all. If you go to the Eircom or BT web sites they usually have a link that lets you know where they are available.
buzybumble Posts: 831
[quote="ozypozy":2blcbc41]Clearwire codded me out of €40 this month and are refusing to refund it, their broadband was great in Dublin, pity about their customer service and billing departments!![/quote:2blcbc41] I've heard their not great and can be quite a rip off
Pheebs Posts: 1102
It really depends where in the country you're going. Alot of the satellite companies can have better deals than Eircom. We're with Lighthouse networks and find them good. €30 per month no matter how much use.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i have to go with eircom because of where i am, at first i had no problems but the net keeps knocking off on me now or i get very little coverage
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="Pheebs":iquryufh]It really depends where in the country you're going. Alot of the satellite companies can have better deals than Eircom. We're with Lighthouse networks and find them good. €30 per month no matter how much use.[/quote:iquryufh] Is that satellite Pheebs? Did you have to pay huge installation fees? What are your download and upload speeds? Sorry for all the questions?
Pheebs Posts: 1102
Yes it's satellite but without the really ugly satellite dish, the connection fee was €200 and it's €30 per month. Speed is 1MB up and down as far as I know. Their website is www.lighthousenetworks.net HTH