Brown spotting at 23 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pie Posts: 61
Hi Girls, I was off work sick last week, was feeling extremely dizzy, and had headaches. Doc told me to take week off to relax. Back in work today, and when i went to the loo I noticed brown muscus on my underwear and when I wiped. I rang GP who told me to ring my gynie. Couldnt get gynie, so rang hospital who told me to come in tomorrow for a scan. I am 23 weeks today. Just worried now, got a shock when i saw it this morning, but nothing since. Just wondering had this happened to anyone else?
shellzey Posts: 185
Hi Pie, I had a very small bleed when I was 21 weeks. Mine was bright red. I was told to go straight in to hospital. They checked the babies heartbeat and did an internal to ensure there was no further bleeding. They were saisfied with this so didnt send me for a scan (as I was due one the following week). The doctor told me it was quiet common to get a small bleed around this stage. I know it is very worrying but I am sure you will be fine. :wv
theoracle Posts: 7664
It could be due to a sensitive cervix if you for example DTD in the last day or two, try not to worry too much about it, it can happen even in 2nd trimester.
Emme Posts: 4735
Almost on a weakly basis for me. I have small polyps which is what's causing it for me. Even though I know what it is it's natural to worry.
pie Posts: 61
Thanks girls for your replies. I am just back from hospital after getting scan done. Placenta is a little low lying at the moment, so they said this may have caused it, but that in 90% of cases it moves before due date. I have to go back in tomorrow for anti D injection, as didnt realise I was O negative. Baby doing well, so I am very relieved. Thanks again girls.
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
glad your scan went well-what a relief for you, take it easy now *)