Brown spotting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

05/09 Bride Posts: 397
Hi Girls. I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and had a small bit of brown spotting yesterday. Is this normal? I didn't realise how scary all this would be. I'm so delighted I'm pregnant but also very scared.
marriedinmay Posts: 578
Hello, Didn't want to read and not reply. I am not really sure but I am sure that someone here will know. It is a very scary time!! :o( I have worried about everything although I think it is normal to feel like that :wv
zoey Posts: 1574
The early weeks are so worrying. Apparently spotting can be very common at your stage. Hopefully some girls who have had experience of it will reply and put your mind at ease. Best of luck and I hope everything will be ok.
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Hi there it can be normal for some women. i had it with both my DD's, DD1 was much worse and I was put on bed rest for a week at around 8 weeks with her. I also had small bleeds with dd1. However I went on to have my beautiful little girl :lvs The same thing happened on 2nd pregnancy and again i have my DD2. I haven't had any this time at all and i was nearly hoping I would as thats what is normal for me!!! (strange the way the mind works!!!) Take it easy and rest when you can. HTH
05/09 Bride Posts: 397
Thank a mill girls. I don't seem to have any yet today. I did nothing last night, cooked the dinner and put my legs up for the rest of the night. I'm going to take things really easy for the first 3 months. Thanks again girls, I'm sure I'll be on again with loads more questions. :thnk
Trying4No.1 Posts: 298
I also had brown spotting around the 6 week mark. Had it for a day or two and then it disappeared but came back a few days later. Needless to say it really freaked me out but I had a scan done just after 6 weeks and all was okay thank god. Had a bit more spotting around 8 and 9 weeks but my scan today (I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow) showed that everything is perfect. So try to relax because it does seem to be quite common. By the way, I've had three mc's previously and had no spotting on them! So just goes to show. Maybe in my case the spotting is normal!
1happywife Posts: 248
Hi there I also had brown spotting at 6 weeks doc said it was old blood from implantation also had spotting at 9 weeks got a scan and everything was fine so get checked out by doctor to put your mind at ease as the worry is a killer best of luck
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
hey hun, i too had brown spotting last week, doc said very normal, this week, i got it again, a bit heavier, and went bck to the doc who referred me to the maternity, they gave me a scan yesterday, and i cud see the pregnancy sac, at 5 weeks, all looks great, have to go back on nov 2nd for another scan, so they can see the heartbeat, as it was too early to see it yesterday, im now on the couch with the feet up. O:o) our friend if doctor also, and he has advised me its very common. ud still be worried tho hun .. :xxx :wv
stayanon Posts: 476
Hiya. 6 weeks pregnant and had some brown spotting yesterday. Freaked out, 1st pregnancy and was worrying like mad so I went to Dr. He said it was all quite normal in an early pregnancy. It's only old blood from implantation. He said the only time to be concerned if the spotting is red(even then that is common early on) and accompanied by pain. I've also been experiencing period like pains & a kind of heat in my tummy since the beginning. He said this is also normal. It's your body preparing itself. It's very hard not to worry and feel anxious especially when you want it so bad that the thought of anything going wrong is terrifying. But if something is to go wrong it will do so wheither we worry or not. Worrying will defo not help. So relax and enjoy the pregnancy. That's what I'm gonna try to do. xx
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
lilshaz, i get that heat feeling too,!!!! its mad isnt it, u feel every niggly pain going on!! i seem to get the heat thingy, at night time when im in bed :hic