Bubbles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finished here Posts: 2860
Was ordering bubbles a mistake ? I've seen them at other weddings and found cute imitation champagne glass bubbles on ebay for nothing now everyone is saying they will stain my dress. Should i just leave them out of the plans ????
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I wouldn't use them. A girl I know had them and they stained her dress without her realising. The photos showed it up and it looked like she had polka dots all over her dress. I would go without :o)ll
marianf Posts: 5845
We bought them in Birthdays for my brothers wedding and they were very very messy and ended up not using them. Its not just the bubbles that stain but whoever is blowing them ends up spilling it on them too.
janelane Posts: 14
My cousin had them at her wedding loads of people blew them and it turned out great, lots of fun too. No dress stains! My friend had them at her wedding, and there was not enough organisation and only a few kids were blowing the bubbles, but it looked ok in the photos. No stains on anyones clothes. I suppose it depends on the material on the dress and the way the wind is blowing!! But at the end of the day it's a bit of fun, if you are worried about the dress, don't bother, but it looks great if organised right.
Joanne2006 Posts: 765
I know its prob no help now but there are ones that you can get that dont stain the dress!! My friend had them at her weddin. Them ones were great i have to say. I think theyre lovely to have but if theyre normal ones i DEF wdnt use them!!
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
as joanne2006 said - no point in getting them now - but im getting the ones that dont stain - only want them for the photographs really and then the kids can have them!! *)
Oh it sounds like they will be lovely in photos but i dont want a polka dot dress !!! Maybe ill just allow myself and H2b use them !!! Thanks for all the advice should have checked this before ordering ! I had no idea bubbles would stain :ooh
Oh it sounds like they will be lovely in photos but i dont want a polka dot dress !!! Maybe ill just allow myself and H2b use them !!! Thanks for all the advice should have checked this before ordering ! I had no idea bubbles would stain :ooh
rocj Posts: 799
hi joanne 2006 do you know where your friend got the bubbles that dont stain i would really appreciate if you could let me know.
Roxanne Posts: 3201
We had them at our wedding... no staining whatsoever, and some gorgeous photos! The wedding ones have really narrow openings on the bottles so they can't spill, and the likelyhood of a bubble landing on you is pretty slim. Anyway, the dress is for wearing, the day is to be enjoyed, you're not going to skip dinner in case you get gravy down your front so I'd say go for it!