Bubbles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goingmad Posts: 657
Girlies Just wondering if any of you are going to give out bubbles at the church for outside instead of confetti??
birthdaybride Posts: 276
Hey I have actually just been given bottles of wedding bubbles who has recently been in the states - think they are a good idea but am fairly certain they would stain my bm's dresses - their dresses are of that type of material that goes really dark if you splash water or anything on them and i know if they got 'hit' by bubbles they would leave a mark on the material - my dress should be fine but i would like to the my bridesmaids could wear their dresses again sometime and dont want them to be stained !! not sure what to do at this stage but am thinking about leaving the bottles of bubbles on the dinner tables instead !!!!???? bb
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
i had bought bubbles...but never used them..because someone pointed out the stains issue.. then i thought about leaving them on the tables but our venue had uncarpeted flooring so it would have made it all slippy... might be worth thinking about..just to double check what kind of flooring your venue has, if its carpeted i'd say go for it.. i think they look really lovely! xx
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i voted no for the church cos i dont think they are allowed but i think we will have them outside at the reception venue cos they would be lovely in photos
rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
if any of you want them.. i have a post in buy and sell.. they're free! xx
workingmom Posts: 3429
Sorry, but I HATE them. I'd rather have nothing than have bubbles. If they're your thing, go for it though.
Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
I went to a wedding last year where they had bubbles, they looked fab but the wind was blowing in the wrong direction & while they were having photos taken at the curch doors all the bubbles covered the skirt of the brides dress - it didn't stain but she wasn't too happy about it all!
old Posts: 493
Our church doesn't allow confetti but I reckon bubbles outside the church would be fine. I thought it would be cute for my two flower girls to blow bubbles since they can't do the confetti thing and I know they'd be excited about bubbles anyway! HOWEVER.....the stains thing really puts me off and the thought of two& 4 yr olds running wild with bottles of washing up liquid is just too much to bear :eek !!! So I voted NO!
goingmad Posts: 657
Yeah I don't know if I would get them or not, it was one of my BM's that suggested it to me over the weekend, I think it could be nice for a photo alright but I don't know if it would be worth the hassle of having to mind the BM's dresses from getting stains.
old Posts: 493
I'd be more worried about my own dress :-8