Budget price Tiara

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

july b2b Posts: 29
Hi there, Have spent the last little while looking for a tiara. am prepared to pay 50-60 euro only, if i can help it, don't see the point spending any more for item of jewelery i will never wear again. Can anyone reccomend a good place to look as the cheaper ones i have seen are a bit Jordan looking while the nicest one i saw was 90euro. kildare/Dublin reccomendations would be great.Thanks x
december Posts: 1141
did you try mcelhinneys in athboy county meath, thats where i got mine from. in the alternative, there are some tiaras out now for communion - only you would know....
july7812 Posts: 1787
Maybe try Hickeys in Henry St, Dublin - thats where I got mine & it was only €80 - saw the same one in a bridal shop and it was €130 - Hickeys was very reasonable.
corkcuu Posts: 606
Would you look at buying online - i bought mine on ebay from the states for 25 euro including postage and its perfect. Its a simple 2 row tiara with pearls and diamantes - as it was so cheap i was willing to get a few if i didnt like it but i loved it and its just as nice as another i had tried on in a shop for 150.
july b2b Posts: 29
yeah thanks for that -will have a scout on ebay, corkcuu yours sounds lovely, am actually looking for one with pearls as will be wearing pearls on the day also and my dress is quite simple. Maybe am p****** in the wind looking for one for 50euro around these parts :!:
MrsVegas Posts: 414
corkcuu what website did you get your tiara on?
Frankie Posts: 1571
I only heard today of a woman who displays down at the craft fair in Malahide of a Saturday (beside the farmers market) - she is prepared to custom make them for a fraction of the price it would cost to buy. I don't have her details to hand - mum came home raving about her though. I can try and look them up if you like. Otherwise, try Ebay - I got mine, exactly what I'm looking for, only €8 including postage & packaging from the UK, brand new. The seller didn't set a minimum bid! HTH
SanFranBride Posts: 212
hey Frankie which seller on eBay did you use? Tks
Frankie Posts: 1571
Wasn't a store unfortunately - I got it from somebody selling just 1 tiara. You need to keep an eye out though!
SanFranBride Posts: 212
Thanks Frankie!