Budget

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Charmed 2 Posts: 56
Just to let people know increase in mat benifit: "Weekly earnings threshold increased to €350 and new payment rate of €280 per week for Maternity & Adoptive Benefit" from Social welfare website. Also €10 on to child benifit so €160 per month for 1st child. at least its something.
kerbs Posts: 75
hi charmed 2, my understanding is that there is also an increase in paid maternity leave from 22 weeks to 26 weeks but I am not sure when that is happening? I know it goes to 24 weeks from the 1st of March next year.. There is also an increase from 3 months unpaid to 4 months unpaid - but again I am not sure when that is happening?? Any-one been able to find out anything more?
From 1st March 2006 length of paid mat leave increase by 4 weekd to 26 weeks and unpaid also by 4 weeks to 16 weeks therefore from 1st March you are entitled to take 42 weeks off both paid and unpaid. I think you have to be going on mat leave on the 1st march to be entitled to the extra weeks. (open to correction)
bree Posts: 1880
think your spot on there charmed.. im due march 8th but my lovely doc put me down as due 15th to ensure i got the extra 4wks !! : )
jen2 Posts: 3106
May sound stupid, but what does weekly earnings threshold mean? Hope someone can help Jen2
Weekly earnings threshold is the max i.e. threshold is increased to €350 by 80% so max payment €280 From 331.25 by 80% max payment was €265 So if you earn more than this it doesn;t matter you still only get €280 Not sure if this is clear but hope it helps.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Charmed 2 thanks so much. Yipee. More money. Jen2