Bugaboo's

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
What do you really think of them Do you think they are the best thing since sliced bread or over rated? I have seen so much about these i dont know what to think Feedback would be good...anyone ordered there bugaboo?
mellie me Posts: 192
i would love to know about these too, i think they look fab
Delish Posts: 4176
what are they, i never heard of them?
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
I agree - they do look fab but i wonder are they all they make out to be They look nice and easy and light to push but i wanted some more feed back on them Here is a pic of what we are talking about [url:34b5r4g3]http://www.littleangels.ie/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_41&products_id=789[/url:34b5r4g3]
theoracle Posts: 7664
Personally, think they are overrated, because they are primarily poular because celebrities use them. I saw a documentary testing one out, and it is grand to push about but really akward to fold and needs big boot as it does not fold away into a smaller shape, the base just folds flat so did not seem very practical to me.
hopefullysoon Posts: 67
[quote="hu101":3n5knj8z]Personally, think they are overrated, because they are primarily poular because celebrities use them. I saw a documentary testing one out, and it is grand to push about but really akward to fold and needs big boot as it does not fold away into a smaller shape, the base just folds flat so did not seem very practical to me.[/quote:3n5knj8z] I totally agree with you, the first Celeb to have one as far as I know was Gweneth Paltrow on Apple and since then everyone wants one, I personally dont like them and dont think they look comfortable/snuggley enough for me!!
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi I ordered mine last week after weeks of research bascially it came down to one thing I have a really bad back and bugaboo camaleon (sp) folds down so easy theres a new model out with new chasis which is easier again. Price wasn't a huge factor I looked at the mama's & papas pilko which with all the extras added up to nearly e1000 and the quinny buzz aprx 900 so I didn't mind paying a little bit extra if its saves my back. On saying that I don't really like the pram part its very square and not as pretty as others on the market, but the buggy part looks excellent I brought my friends 3 year old with me when trying it out and he was as happy as a lark sitting in it. So I reckon it'll stand the test of time as well
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I think they look well but are fairly expensive around €850 i think. We went for the Silver Cross 3D pram system and it was €580 incl, car seat and all the accessories that you can get with it. We got the special edition dark blue denim one in the Silvercross aswell. Take a look here, its the Bugaboo Gecko not Chamelon but may give you an idea.
ginger nut Posts: 5989
NLTG - is this your first baby or did you use the silver cross on a previous baby? how did you find it? I was in Mamas and Papas yesterday and looked at the Pliko pramette but it's very dear and i wasn't impressed with the woman serving me - basically she just kept emphasising that it comes in lots of pretty colours and patterns and i could get a matching changing bag and parasol which wasn't really high on my list of priorities. Also looking at the silver cross but wondering how other mums have got on with it.
hopefullysoon Posts: 67
[quote. Also looking at the silver cross but wondering how other mums have got on with it.[/quote] I have 2 friends and they both have silver cross prams and swear by them, said they are really light and great from getting in and out of the car, one drives a ford focus, Im going to go for one of them when i get my BFP >:o)