Buggies that convert to twin / dual system

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
Hi girls Just wonder if any of you have buggies / travel systems that convert to twin or dual systems i.e. you can have an older child in a buggy seat and a younger child in a carrycot seat? We had our first look at buggies yesterday, just to get an idea, and the woman in the shop mentioned that some brands like the iCandy Apple or Phil & Ted's can do this. It made me think....chances are we will be trying for another baby that (all going well) would come along when our first is about 18 months - 2 years old. Presumably at that age we'd still need a buggy for the older child? That would mean if we spent a fortune on our favourite buggy (be that Quinny, Bugaboo or whatever) then when second baby comes along, we'd end up having to buy a twin system anyway as the older child wouldn't be old enough to walk. So I'm just wondering if any of you have any of these brands (whether or not you've used it as a twin system yet) and what you think of them - advantages, disadvantages etc? Thanks!!!!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi there, We have an iCandy Pear for twins, it can be used for newborn+older though as well. And you can also change it to a single pram too by only fitting one of the pram/seat units. I believe the maxi cosy car seats also fit it so it seems fairly adaptable and as a pram I really love it. Ours was around 900 in eurocycles/eurobaby. Good luck *) *)
Thanks micheller. Was it 900 all in (2 buggy seats, 2 carrycots / pram fittings, 2 carseats, the whole lot?) Any other users of convertible buggies?
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi there, It was 900 for the pram, the frame for the units, 2 seat units, 2 carrycots/pram units, 2 rain-covers and the adapters for the car seats. The car seats would have been extra at 150 euro apiece, I believe, but we just went we the cheapest ones we could get in mothercare and leave them in the car. The pram units are very handy as they used to sleep in it downstairs during the day. Best of luck *)
sarakg83 Posts: 347
i hear of a new clip that u can buy to clip two normal buggies together. not sure where u would get it but just think its very handy for situations like urs *)
gogglebox Posts: 910
We have just bought a Phil and Teds. My friend had one and I thought it was great - a single buggy for the first one, and a double buggy for the 2nd, but very handy as it's still the same size as a single buggy. I see lots of Phil and Teds where we live - they are very popular as a double buggy. I bought mine from Kiddicare in the UK (way cheaper than buying here) and am waiting for delivery and it should be arriving in the next few days.
[quote="gogglebox":3s1ipvls]We have just bought a Phil and Teds. My friend had one and I thought it was great - a single buggy for the first one, and a double buggy for the 2nd, but very handy as it's still the same size as a single buggy. I see lots of Phil and Teds where we live - they are very popular as a double buggy. I bought mine from Kiddicare in the UK (way cheaper than buying here) and am waiting for delivery and it should be arriving in the next few days.[/quote:3s1ipvls] Thanks Gogglebox. I heard the Phil & Ted's are heavy - is that true?