Menu

Buggy broke!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| We have a Graco travel system, a really sturdy one, that is great for long walks as it's easy to manoevre and very comfy for our LO. Yesterday, DH thought he was being Michael fricking Schumacher and started running with the LO in the buggy and swaying it from side to side. Of course, she loved it, was roaring laughing. When we got to the shops, I took her into the changing room for a nappy change and the minute I took the buggy I knew there was something wrong. It's all loose at the back, wobbling side to side. Of course, himself denied all knowledge of it :duh: I had a look when we got home, the rear axle is after snapping on both sides at the joint / weld. DH is a tradesman and can weld, but apparently welding alloy is a different kettle of fish and he's not allowed do it. Frick sake ... I had great hopes of this lasting for another baby and then being able to sell it on second hand! O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| We have a light stroller that will have to do for now, but with winter coming up, I'd prefer the heavy one as it's nice and padded and I have the footmuff etc to keep her warm. Does anyone know anyone in the south of the country that would repair buggies like that? Then again, I don't want to have to spend a few hundred squids getting it fixed when I could buy a second hand one for the same amount.
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
you should go back to where you bought it. DH has done the same thing with our buggy loads of times (boys and their toys!) and it's grand. really surprised that a bit of messing would cause such damage so they might get it fixed for you.