Menu

Buggy for the beach

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondie77 Posts: 217
Hi Ladies! Am 21 weeks tomorrow so am now starting to get very excited and dare I say it begin to get organised for this little one who I can t wait to meet! I live near the beach and often go for walks on the beach, ideally I would love to get a travel system that would work well on sand, so are smaller wheels better than big wheels or can anyone recommend a travel system they use on the beach? I ve googled beach buggies and those VW jeep like cars come up! OH would only be too delighted if I said we needed one of those :o0 :o0 :o0
mamabelle Posts: 1101
I had a Micralite and got all terrain wheels for it. Worked great on the beach but doesn't fold down properly with all terrain wheels on. Reckon big wheels are better for beach!
Mrs Mai Posts: 763
I have a Jane powertrack 360. It has 3 big wheels and fantastic suspension. It's brilliant for the beach and for getting over uneven rocky ground on the way down to the beach. I highly recommend it. I have mine 5.5 years now and have used it constantly between 3 children it's still great and even though I had to buy a double when baby number 3 came along it's always been my buggy of choice when bringing one child (my double is a P&T dash which is good enough for a double but not a patch on the Jane). I'm due number 4 next month and I'll be using the Jane again PG. I know I sound like I work for them or something (I don't) it's just that I've been so happy with it. I see so many mothers struggling with other buggies and I've never seen one on the beach that looks better or as good as my Jane.