Bulb syringe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

30thmay2006 Posts: 235
hi all anyone know where i would get a bulb syringe, my little one is all blocked up and i have read these are great to clear the mucus out, but can only see them on ebay in the states..kinda need one now
fancypants Posts: 453
hi you can get them in any chemist in the baby section - TBH i didn't find it all that good - baby hates it being done - impossible to hold her head still - I think saline drops are better - again you will get them in the chemist Also a while ago someone posted here about rubbing atiny bit of butter on the bridge of their noses ( the baby nose that is!) I tried it and it was amazing - within seconds her nose was running - weird but true :eek
hi fancy pants, i use the saline drops too, but the mucus is right at the back and doesnt seem to shift. i might try the butter route!! thanks
mammybean Posts: 10364
when can the saline drops be used from? poor babs is all snufly (takes after his mam). he seems quite blocked up but nothing i can see
hi there you can get them in any chemist they are called "nasosal" around 5euros
DS is only 3 weeks old though can i still use them? sorry for the Qs i just feel sorry for him
yep very safe to use they used them in the hospital on my daugher at 28 weeks
thanks, will be going to get them when h2b comes home. i love this forum i would never have thought of them and i have been saying about how stuffed up he is for days :thnk