Bump at 7 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissSunshine12 Posts: 273
I'm just wondering is anyone else showing early or is this normal? I am 7 weeks pregnant and have a fine bump! I haven't been eating more than usual and had a flat stomach prior to getting pregnant! It's just I can't wear any of my fitted clothes now as there is quite an obvious bump. Hoodies are the only thing that I have that will hide it as I don't want to tell people yet! Any one else in same boat?
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Have you had a scan? Maybe you are having twins?
MissSunshine12 Posts: 273
[quote="Mari yay":1za4dpaf]Have you had a scan? Maybe you are having twins?[/quote:1za4dpaf] Thank you for your reply! This is my first pregnancy and also first baby in my family and close friends so am completely clueless and new to all this. As far as I know my doc is arranging scan for 12/13 weeks. x
strangeangel Posts: 1269
At that stage it's usually down to bloating from all the hormonal stuff going on. I wasn't able to close my trousers at that point on my first pregnancy, but it did go down again after a while and I was a bit more like my normal self until about 16/17 weeks.
marles Posts: 1397
No sign of a bump here,I didn't have a flat tummy before getting pregnant so that could be why. At this stage the feotus is actually still very low down. It might just be bloating or as Mari Yay said twins. I was very neat on my last pregnancy and could still wear my own jeans until I was nearly 4/5 mths.
Mamabelle2011 Posts: 363
Hi, I had the same thing! Omg I was crapping it that I would get sprung at work. Do you exercise a lot? In my previous life before DD I used to exercise a lot, had a fairly flat tummy (what I wouldn't give now for it!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: ) and I totally stopped up everything when I got my BFP at 4 weeks. I was eating ok at that point, it was later on i really tore into food! :-8 No joke at 7 weeks my DH said to me that I was showing off a nice bump and I was. Quick visit to my friend who knew I was pregnant with a while and she said "yes but I didnt want to say it as you were always so slim.." NICE! :-8 Cue a trip to the shops for some new clothes, I knew if I got smock kinda dresses, loose tops etc I might as well be walking around with it painted on my forehead. Get a belly band in a maternity shop and stick to your old jeans and start wearing some long funky scarves. It's a pain I know, won't be long before you can flaunt that bump with pride!!
CocoBeans Posts: 841
I had a bump at 7 weeks. It must have been water retention because I was quite small in the end. I was way bigger than I should have been up to 20 weeks and then it slowed down. I had a friend pregnant same time as me, no bump early on and then she ballooned at about 30 weeks. Everyone is different I guess but just cos you are showing now doesn't mean you will be huge!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
It has to be bloating, sure the babs is only teeny tiny at this stage! I'm 17 weeks and only starting to show a bit now, but then I would have a bit of a belly anyway so there was loads of room for babs to grow without showing. Congrats on your pregnancy, hope you are keeping well apart from that - such an exciting/scary time!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
It's probably bloating - at this stage your uterus is still inside your pelvis so that only starts to move up around 12 weeks! I went from bloat to full on bump so it can seem like it's a bump already!