Bump? Is this normal?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Worried? Posts: 14
Hi Ladies. Hope you can help with this one. I am only 7 weeks gone but I have a big bump. I am not imagining it because H2B even said it to me. All my trousers are tight and I am afraid of wearing clingy tops. My belly is also hard especially at the top and below my belly button. I honestly look like most girls do at 5 months. Please help me as I don't know if this is normal or not. I thought it was bloating but I really don't think so now. Help!! Thanks
love struck Posts: 1125
Worried Alot of people getting bloated in the first few weeks of pregnacy and look bigger at this stage than at 15 weeks.. :o0 Well at least I did anyone.. I did have a cyst on my ovary which made me even bigger which was detected on my first scan... (But this is highly unsual..) So dont worry about the belly it will calm down and then the baby bump will appear..
silíní Posts: 4219
Bloating like this is normal, and bloating can certainly make your tummy feel really hard... But if you're worried, get it checked out for your own peace of mind.......... :xxx
Worried? Posts: 14
I'm not really worried about it. I am just afraid of people noticing. Or that I have twins or am further along than the doctor said!! I won't have a scan until I am 20 weeks. So hopefully it will be ok by then and I won't look like I am 9 months!!!
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I was very bloated up to 12 weeks then it settled - didn't look much bigger at 18weeks than I did at 8 weeks IYKWIM?
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Completely normal. Most women experience bloating in the early stages, as your body goes through so many changes. Honestly though - no-one else will notice. At worst, they will just think you've put on some weight, but they won't know you're pg, as it won't look like a bump to them! As the other girls have said, as you get further along, you won't be any bigger than you are now, for a while yet anyway. HTH
Venus Bride Posts: 456
Dont worry I was the same, I was in maternity clothes by 8 weeks !!! Im still growing like mad. Its just hard at the start when you are trying to hide it before you tell everyone. People started noticing me before I even told them, but they just thought I was getting fat !!!!!!!!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I had no bump at all til about 5 months and it's twins *) But if you think it might be you might be better off getting a private scan early (that's how we found out) and then the amount of amazing care you receive is brilliant, best of luck :wv
bride22 Posts: 359
Oh enjoy it. I was fed up with people asking me was i sure i was pregnant and where was this baby until about 17wks!!