bump question?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi Girls my bump as really shot out over the last few days I mean really shot out. I can't believe it! Anyway I use bio-oil every morning after my shower but have noticed that I've loads of dry skin on it now. I don't know if I should change from bio-oil to something else any suggestions?
brideeee Posts: 1490
Hi ya, I would say the dry skin is just coz your stretching so quickly your skin is replacing itself more often- not sure if a change to bio-oil would change that? Hope it's not too itchy, xx b
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I would have imagined Bil oil would be the best. Im using Neutrogena Cocoa butter oil every day on bump, back, thighs, sides, chest and tops of arms as i heard the skin is pulled from all these areas. Also if i pass by a cream i usually just squeeze out a bit and rub it on my bump for good measure. Im also using "Jasons'" pure Vit E oil once a week, its really thick. My sis used the Bio oil in the morning and Palmers Cocoa butter in the evening and didnt get one stretch mark. Maybe you just need extra moisture in the evenings too.
Delish Posts: 4176
I'm not at that stage yet but I think drinking loads of water will also help.
thanks for the replies girls it is really itchy will try the palmers coca in the evenings thanks again
buzybumble Posts: 831
I was told to use the bio oil on wet skin and drink plenty of water.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
The itch is terrible, i find it especially bad around my belly button - its on its way out!!!! I sometimes find oil can be drying (especially baby oil) so maybe a nice rich cream might to the trick.
breeze Posts: 1175
I hear you about the bump. A friend of mine just noticed the other day that i had gotten really big, and i only saw her on friday. My belly is really itchy too, i just use normal creme
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
I use a palmers stretch mark cream, but, to be honest if you are going to get stretch marks you will get them regardless of what you use. There is no way any commercial cream could penetrate deep enough into the skin to stop them. Some people get them and some don't it is just a fact of life. You can lessen the apperance of them and give yourself a better chance of not getting them by drinking water and using a cream but, there is no magic cure. I do not have any yet, but, I did not get any last time either so I am not sure what the chances are this time. I have shot out in the last week - when I came back after the weekend (I had Monday off) my boss said - "you got massive over the weekend" tact is not her strong point!! FP
thanks for the replies girls I got palmer butter cream yesterday had a bath and put it after. I had my shower this mornign and used bio oil as normal and it has made a bit of a difference its still itchy but doesn't seem to be as dry as it was.