bump rubbing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
do you touch or rub your bump much? i've started to noticed my hands are drawn to it a lot more lately and then sometimes i try to remember to rub it more in case baby can feel it already
playabella Posts: 543
I am constantly rubbing my bump - I cant help it!! I feel that it's a way of connecting with the little one.
AHappyMrs Posts: 622
I rub my belly without even realising now... just feel it'll help reassure baby thats mummy's here :o0
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
I started as soon as I knew he was in there :o0 :o0 Not a deliberate thing.... :o0 :wv
Nadie Posts: 1111
I do, but I keep rubbing the top, just under the boobies, when babs is actually below the belly button! :o0 So I'm probably rubbing some organs...
LMR Posts: 1925
All the time and you get worse as it gts bigger. Now that the baby has started to poke out when it moves I give it a little rub wherever it sticks out. Also my bump is handy just to rest my hands on :o0
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I havent really started doing this yet coz I'd feel embarassed coz I dont really have a bump! :o( I do it lots at home though. Dh laughs at me & he says "what are you rubbing, you dont have a bump"!! He just wants a perfect basketball bump to miraculously appear out of nowhere! I told him it's not gonna happen! Ill more likely have a bump that goes around my waist too! :o0
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I am always rubbing it these days ... particularly when a lump or bump starts poking out ... and I play "guess the body part" :o0
milis Posts: 7998
I'm at it all the time, and I rest my hands on it too. Where I would normally cross my arms doesn't work any more, so I have nothing else to do with my hands when I'm sitting and not typing...
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
all the time... it's the natural thing to do, isn't it?