Menu

Bump Staring !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cressa Posts: 318
Just wondering how you all feel about the stares at your tummy? I'm 22 weeks now and have quite a bump. I am amazed by some people, their eyes are nearly out on stalks staring at times :o0 Also I notice older women do it more than anyone else, it's like they are judging you or something (probably being a bit paranoid here) Don't get me wrong, i know it's natural for people to have a quick look but its the ones who keep staring and make it so obvious, what is that all about ? rant over :wv
SGirl Posts: 2542
Not sure if they're judging they may be reminising (sp) on when they were preggars. I am so guilty of looking at bumps at the mo cos i am preggars but have no bump yet, i actually dont stare but i would love to get a good look :o0 Im nit sure why they would be judging you? Whats to judge, its new life, the natural order of life, something to be celebrated!
ah you're right, i'm just being paranoid
candyfloss Posts: 704
Hi Cressa, We were in sicily when I was about 25 weeks and boy did people stare over there and it really did start to annoy me. I've not noticed here (UK) as much or when I was last home in Ireland. But those flaming Italians and the feckin Germans, sooooo rude. Now I dont mind if someone looks and smiles like they know I'm having a baby and reminiscing is fine, but honestly some people stared at me like I was a fresian cow or something, on one occasion a lady was staring as I came into restaurant and started talking to her hubby about me cos he turned and stared too and it was not a nice stare :eek , so I stopped in front of their table rubbed my bump and said with probably a sarcastic smile 'it's a baby!! this is where they come from' :o0 Not sure if they understood me but I was boiling but I felt much better after that!! It so obvious now at 31 weeks people dont need to stare so much it kind of jumps out at them. :wv
Mama2 Posts: 1230
I live in Poland and they love to stare here too. [email protected] not sure why. It's a bit wierd to be honest.
[quote="candyfloss":3cqx9zik]Hi Cressa, We were in sicily when I was about 25 weeks and boy did people stare over there and it really did start to annoy me. I've not noticed here (UK) as much or when I was last home in Ireland. But those flaming Italians and the Flip Germans, sooooo rude. Now I dont mind if someone looks and smiles like they know I'm having a baby and reminiscing is fine, but honestly some people stared at me like I was a fresian cow or something, on o[b:3cqx9zik]ne occasion a lady was staring as I came into restaurant and started talking to her hubby about me cos he turned and stared too a[/b:3cqx9zik]nd it was not a nice stare :eek , so I stopped in front of their table rubbed my bump and said with probably a sarcastic smile 'it's a baby!! this is where they come from' :o0 Not sure if they understood me but I was boiling but I felt much better after that!! It so obvious now at 31 weeks people dont need to stare so much it kind of jumps out at them. :wv[/quote:3cqx9zik] You were right to say something (even if they didn't understand what you were saying they would have got the message) , that was downright rude. I think staring in general is rude and I don't understand anyone who thinks it's ok to do it. I think the Germans are big starers anyway... my DH lived in Germany one Summer and said they were unreal especially on the trams If I'm on the luas and see someone staring i stare right back until they look away, there's no excuse for it. Makes my blood boil O:|
Gingham Posts: 3014
I find people who know im pregnant stare at my belly before they look at my face...I dont even have a big bump so if you didnt know i was pregnant you couldnt tell... i find it really annoying, its like people want to check out your bump the whole time.....pregnant woman tend to do it moreso, have noticed in work, its like they are comparing themselves...which they shouldnt do as everyones build is different and every pregnancy is unique... also why do people feel the need to comment....i am getting abit sick of the "you've nothing there"..."are you sure your pregnant"......people dont realise it but its often comments which stress you out and make you wonder if everything is okay. I am just ignoring all such...