bump tight/tense all the time

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunnyside Posts: 3164
Does anyone else experience this? I don't think I have had braxton hicks cause but for the last month my tummy is rock hard all the time. Consultant wrote in my notes last time - 'abdomen tense'. It's definitely uncomfortable. Could I be having one lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng braxton hicks??
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Not sure sunnyside! I don't think I've had the BH either but definitely have the tense tummy from time to time! It's not tense all the time but it does get rock hard sometimes all over and other times it's just one side or one part of the bump!
mama2E Posts: 670
Maybe I'm being stupid - but I thought that when your stomach tensed it was BH!!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek I notice mine can be tense for maybe 6 plus hours!
nea dude Posts: 749
Not nice to ask but are you going to the toilet regularly? May have something to do with your system being blocked because of baby. mama2b, 6hours of BH sounds alot. does anyone know the normal length they last?
sunnyside Posts: 3164
[quote="nea dude":8p9sr0ac]Not nice to ask but are you going to the toilet regularly? May have something to do with your system being blocked because of baby. [/quote:8p9sr0ac] no probs there thankfully :o0 It's hard all over and feels like a rock the whole time. Even my DH says your bump is like a hard old-fashioned football. Nice eh.
chicam Posts: 1169
It could be braxton hicks, I believe you're not supposed to feel pain with them just a tightening of the abdomen. But in any case, if it helps my bump has been rock solid and I've put it down to baby getting HUGE since 36 weeks and there's not much more room in there so everything has become all squished and hard.
leanbh1 Posts: 473
I'm way behind you guys weeks-wise,but my belly gets like this all the time,particularly after a big feed.I thought it was just baby getting bigger..surely its not BH at this stage?? :eek
alton Posts: 3077
I get hard all over too, and I was putting it down to BH. There's no particular pattern to it - sometimes it happens over and over, maybe 20 times an evening, and other times it's one long one for maybe an hour. I do find that if I make an effort to really relax it eases up, and sometimes it is definitely brought on by stess, so maybe it's really tension and not BH at all. So....I've no idea really either!