Bumps and Maternity clothes and movement ???????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finished here Posts: 2860
Ok i am getting very found of the polls i think but i am kinda curious/come nervous about my bump or non existent bump should i say .... I am 17 weeks pregnant and still wearing all my old clothes and apart from some days or evening when i am really bloated there is no sign of any bump yet. So i just wanted to ask others When did your bump begin to show and when did you have to get bigger/maternity clothes ????? Also i am dying to feel movement and again apart from the wind :-8 i don't think i have even felt flutters yet so again when did you guys feel flutters/kicks ??? Thanks FF
seabride Posts: 137
I voted 18- 20 but i am almost 24 weeks and still wear alot of my own clothes. i have deffo had alot more movement this week but have had flutters from 18 weeks.
Woodstock Posts: 1565
I started wearing maternity jeans, maternity bands and so far only 1 maternity top (some of my own tops still fit) about 2 weeks ago (so at 14 weeks, my bump popped out at xmas!) But I still haven't felt any movement :o( ;o(
babybuzz Posts: 474
well i got a pair of maternity jeans at 8 weeks just for comfort but i only have a bump now its started to get noticable now but can still fit into a few of my old things. no movements yet :o( my friend only went into her maternity clothes at nearly 7 months so dont be worrying
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
Up to 19 weeks my bump was tiny & most of my own clothes still fitted. I had a massive growth spurt over the holidays - bump is pretty big now so I'm defo in maternity clothes - although alot of my own tops still fit. I had to buy maternity jeans at about 10 weeks though - my own were just too uncomfortable... Have been feeling flutters / bubbles since week 20ish..... absolutely love the movement - can't wait till it gets stronger!!!
kittysue Posts: 1016
I started wearing maternity clothes ..I think in the 12-14 week.... especialy trousers.....or actually maybe 12-14.....I just left the buttons open in my ordinary clothes up until then. But I didn't feel any movement till about week 20.
mia mya Posts: 285
I voted 16-18 wks as I started to feel 'bubbles' (which they tell me in the hospital is movement) at 18weeks but as far as maternity clothes go, I was out of most of my old stuff by week 12 and I am 100% in maternity stuff now :o0
thats amore Posts: 714
everybody is different. i am due in 4 weeks and have no maternity clothes at all. my bump just never got very big so i bought some trousers in a size bigger but most of my other skirts and tops still fit fine. i wouldn't worry one bit. i was panicking when a bump hadn't appeared by the time i had reached the halfway mark and it wasn't until week 22 that we started noticing a change in my belly! i've had a few extra scans to check things out but the baby is on target development wise. we all just carry in different ways. as for movement, i felt what was like a popping or bubbly sensation from around 13 weeks. some feel it later some even earlier.
Finished here Posts: 2860
Thanks Girls, I was beginning to think nothing was happening in there ! but feel reassured now and if the bump never gets huge thats absolutely fine but when i can't feel anything either the worrying starts :-8
justwaitin Posts: 2462
hi there well i was in maternity jeans at about8/9 weeks too was very bloated, im just 23 weeks now and im very big, returned to work and had to get into my maternity tunic (im a nurse) and people were gobsmacked how big i got in two weeks, everyone is different i only had movement at around 18 weeks like flutters or bublbes popping, but im getting good movements now.