bunratty castle brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nursebride Posts: 106
hey all i'm getting married in bunratty castle next april and was just interested to find any bunratty brides out there past our present that may have any info tips etc with regards to bunratty. if anyone has any ideas for decorating the castle suite or any pros or cons they came across on the day that they could help us future brides avoid i'd love to hear from you. also if anyone decorated the room outside the function room i'd love to hear how you did this, any and all info would be much appreciated :thnk looking forward to hearing from ye :wv
Cairn Posts: 313
Hi Nursebride :wv I think the room in Bunratty is fab as it is. You could get lighting around the pillars. There is a great Bunratty report in the wedding report section with a picture of the room with the white drapes and fairy lights. It looks amazing. Enchanted occasions decorated for that wedding.
nursebride Posts: 106
hey autumn angel bunratty is a great choice althou i am biased!!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: keeping the fingers crossed someone gives us some advice :D lighting the pillars is a fab idea i think that wld really make them room look fab, i'm a little stuck when it comes to the room outside the function room though i dont know what would work to give it a bit of bling, i'm not even sure if the hotel its self puts any flowers or anything on the tables! mental note most ask the wedding co ordinator!!! :thnk
I was in the strand last week and there was a wedding on. The area outside the function room had all these cool over sized lanterns placed around the floor. It looked really nice. That could be an idea.
mcummins Posts: 15
Hi I was at a wedding recently at this hotel and just wanted to warn you... Nothing too bad, the food was nice, the place was pretty and all that but the room layout was really odd. We were stuck over in the corner behind pillars and couldn't see the top table at all and also the the sound system was pretty bad. We didn't hear any of the speeches because the speakers were aimed out at the main part of the room but half the guests were over in the corner. Just to bear that in mind. Maybe get the people giving the speeches to check that they can be heard. The speeches take a really long time if you can't hear them! Also the hotel is pretty big and lots of people were complaining that they couldn't find the function room. It wasn't sign posted at all. Other than that it was nice.
:o)ll
mcummins Posts: 15
There was only about 120 people so a standard kind of sized wedding. They put the tables mostly on the carpet, I presume to not have to clear them off the dance floor later but the result was about a quarter of the tables were stuck over on the right hand side tucked out of sight. Handy to be close to the bar but couldn't see or hear anything.
roisinbunny Posts: 419
Bump :o)ll Just wondering if any Bunratty brides out there and if you've spoken with the hotel yet to make final arrangements?
Irishcurlysue Posts: 38
Hiya! I'm getting married in Bunratty Castle Hotel July 2012 and can't wait. Be nervous though as I haven't actually spoken to the coordinator since we booked the place and paid the deposit! Sooooo can't wait though :) x
Hi Roisinbunny :wv I am getting married in Bunratty and I haven't spoken to anyone from there since I paid the deposit back in August. Going by your ticker you are the day after us :o)ll