buying engagement ring online

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
Hey, Did anyone buy their engagement ring online or does anyone know anyone who did? Thanks, Deedaisy
sinead266 Posts: 914
hi, i been on looking at a ring myself but im afraid to get one as they are so many catches in the way they write the discription of the ring im afriad i could end up with some gold plated thing lol, you'll probably have to go with a well recommended shop which will probably end up the same price as it would in a shop in your town anyway.
jaxx Posts: 26
Hi, I'm not sure if i would risk buying something as important as my Engagement ring online - unless you could be sure what you were buying was 100% genuine? Not sure were you are living, but i saw an ad in my local paper the other day that might be of interest. Callaghan Jewellers in Buncrana, Donegal are offering 50% discount on engagement rings to celebrate being open 50 years. I don't remember how long this offer is running, but it might be worth a look. I can reccommend them personally as i got my own ring there - they have some really beautiful rings. They also have an offer on wedding rings - the cheaper of the two rings is half price when you buy a pair. We ordered our rings a few weeks ago, they were just over €1,100 each, but we got both for €1,670 and they are stunning! Hope you find your perfect ring soon, regardless of where you get it!
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
my engagent ring & wedding ring is from bluenile. have a read of this:
Kaycee Posts: 2107
I was going to get mine online, ended up getting it while we were abroad. I'd recommend reading pricescope.com for some education about diamonds to give you a good idea of what you should be looking for. Bluenile is fantastic (also explains in laymans terms about diamonds and also metals) and I think a benchmark for what you should be paying/what you can afford diamond wise. Personally wanted something different in a setting so their rings didn't suit me but I think from looking around wedding related websites they do have a great choice. Just remember that you'd get a weekend away and a ring for the price you'll be pay for a ring in Ireland! where have you looked deedaisy?
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
we got my ring off diamondsonweb.com would deffo recommend them, one girl analee was available on phone and web chat and answered any questions we had, quickly.. and ring is fab, loadsa ppl have said its the nicest they have seen
starzzzz Posts: 1123
my engagement ring and wedding ring are both off a website although i picked up the wedding ring in person when was in newyork, have had them valued and would def recommend it was [url:1q6r74jo]http://www.idjewelryonline.com/[/url:1q6r74jo] they are great
buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
girls, thanks for all the replies! you're great. :wv its actually not for me, Im married :) but friend of mine if planning to propose & is thinking about buying the ring online. To be honest I was trying to convince him against this. I didnt know anyone who had bought theirs online & I was nervous considering how much he would be spending. You have all been very helpful & reassuring. thanks. He's looking at Has anyone bought off this site? I will also pass on the other sites & info to him :wv
Kaycee Posts: 2107
hey deedaisy, i did looaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads of research about rings and am also the queen of shopping online! never heard of them to be honest. bluenile seems like definitely the way for him to go if hes looking at this website, he can design the ring on there too!