C Section Advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Piggle Posts: 1770
Hey girls, Just wondering of those of you who have had a c section, is there any advice you can pass on to me, I want to try to make a speedy recovery so I can enjoy my little man! :)
Idina Posts: 1289
HTH
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
I had to have a section because my DD was breech, I was more or less back to my normal self after 4 weeks. What I advise is take all the painkillers they have to offer and make sure you get a prescription for a week after you get home as well, if you are in pain it will slow down the healing process. For the first few days make sure you support the wound when moving and even when coughing or laughing. I used the maternity pads to place over just stop the waistbands of irritating it. Didn't put anything on it just ran the shower hose over it every day. The first night that you have your baba don't be afraid to call the midwife to lift baby out in and out of the crib as many times as required for you. And when possible get someone to pick up baby for you for the first week. The day after for me was the worst and this was when all the visitors came, I just wasn't able for them I was in so much pain and getting used to my baba and trying to get her to latch on it was all too much come the night time I was a mess. Looking back now I would have told people not to come until the next day. Hope this helps :wv
Thanks girls, it is so good to know all this to be prepared! I've already told people that the hospital said I can't have visitors the first day :o0 :o0 Aren't I terrible! I just don't want people to see me in pain! Good to know about the night times with the midwifes because I'd be a bit of a martyr and try my best to lift him to! Can you shower more or less straight away after it? And if so does it hurt? I am really not ready for this pain! :(
Idina Posts: 1289
I had my section in the evening. The spinalblock wore off overnight and I was wheeled to the shower ther next morning and walked back. The shower itself didn't hurt in fact the whole section was not half as bad as I thought it would be. I found visitors the next day no problem.
Thanks Idina, I think if I work it up in my head to be the worst ever then it might not seem AS bad when dealing with it :)
Mumaholic Posts: 833
Hey Piggle, have a look back in M&K to about last week, I actually created a post over there asking the c-section mums about healing etc and dealing with a section. Im in for the chop thurs and like you, quite qnxious about it. Got lots off responses so its worth a read.
Ah thanks hon, I'll run over now, I to could have my section on thursday! Or the following thursday, I am so nervous! :(
Mumaholic Posts: 833
Oh stop, im wo worked up over it its not even funny!! Had to go to the hosp this evening (see June babies thread for full story) but all i did was ask the midwife section questions...i'd say she thought this ones only here to have her queries answered :o0 and the last question i asked was can i paint my toenails before having the section :-8 what the hell was i thinking in fairness.....but you know yourself its pure nerves, i was a babbling wreck. And the answer by the way is no nail varnish, make up, fake tan, jewellery, just you naked under a very attractive gown and sexy surgical stockings :yelrotflmaosmilie: Cant wait to meet the baby now, dying to see what it is, the weight and if it has hair!!!!!
No make up either! Sheeeeeeeeesh, how unattractive must we be! :) What do they do with the girls who go out and get spray tanned and have to have an emergency c section :o0 :o0 :o0 I took off my toe nail varnish but was going to get a french manicure next week so thank god I know not to waste that money!! :) I am nervous to, nervous about the injection for the spinal block and the drips and stuff, and nervous then for the pain after! I am useless with needles and tablets! SO I am fecked! :( now I am just worried about my waters going, but was saying to DH if it did wouldn't it be great, cos I wouldnt have time to worry it would be all done! I know, I cant wait to see what this troublemaker looks like either! :) that is very exciting! I'll cry for a week when I see him :)