C-Section & bikini line

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

contented Posts: 2625
Ladies Is it advisable to 'prep' your bikini line when being going in for a section? I'm booked in for tuesday and would like to be as ready as possible, iykwim.
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
midwife in HS said not to bother with any of that. I would still get mine done as i try to keep everything tidy there but its not absolutely necessary i dont think
pattie Posts: 2379
I would just shave or wax the top bit IYKWIM, the incision is just at the top of the bikini line so if you're already hair-free there you're spared being shaved by a nurse when you go in.
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I would save shave as its horrible when they come with you with a blunt razor >:o( that was an emerg section but then even though I did shave for DD i didn't go down low enough and they still came at me with a blunt razor!! So my advice is shave or wax!!
sunshiniest Posts: 303
I could be wrong about this but I think they come at you with a razor if you need a section even if you have taken matters into your own hands beforehand! I know someone who went in 'prepared' but she still got shaved.
pattie Posts: 2379
Maye it depends on where you go sunshiniest, I shaved the day I went in, the MW had a quick look and said it was grand, had the section the following day.
Ferdi Posts: 704
Hi contented, I did mine beforehand and it was fine for the MW. I'd say do it yourself, you feel more comfortable. Good luck on Tuesday! F :wv
doolittle Posts: 910
DO NOT SHAVE!!!I had an elective section and asked when they were going to shave the area and I was told they dont any more because if you shave you re more open to infection
lila Posts: 982
I'd just say to get the top waxed beforehand just in case. I ended up having an emergency section and they didn't have to shave. It helped afterwards also as they could see the wound and check its healing without having to fiddle with hairs!! Good luck!
aylala Posts: 3673
no advice just wanted to wish you all the very best on tuesday :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll. I usually whip every bit of mine off with veet feels much cleaner