C Section Request

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Piggle Posts: 1770
Can you request a C Section if you are on public?!?! I know that sounds stupid, but I am weighing up my options!
Idina Posts: 1289
I can't request a c section and I'm private! Not that i'd want to. Had one the last time and although it was fine thank God I'd like not to have to have another one. Afaik you can't request an elective section unless there is a medical reason or a particularly bad birth experience. I'm open to correction though. Do you mind if I ask why you are thinking of looking for one?
Idina Posts: 1289
A post I post I put up before-in case you want to read it!
Its a stupid reason, but I am terrified of the thought of labour, the thought of not knowing what is going to happen is really scaring me! And I know If I knew I was going to have a C Section I could get myself geared up for it! I know C Sections leave you very very sore for weeks afterwards and am aware the scar can hurt you for years! I was just wondering if I could have had an option, also my DH keeps saying, "We will pay for one if you want" But I presumed it wasn't done like that!
squeeb Posts: 112
I know exactly how you feel Piggle.It is the fear of the unknown.
Oh phew Squeeb, thank you! I was thinking I was a right weirdo thinking how I do, but I know if I am half way through labour and THEN need a c section and am not prepared for it, I'll lose my life! And if you have your mind prepared for the c section then i'll deal with it! I am just strange like that!
squeeb Posts: 112
I know what you mean Piggle.Im afraid I will just freak out and loose the plot during labour.Trying not to think about it until I have to...only 7 weeks to go for me....I will let you know how I get on!!!
Oh please do hun, Id love to know! :lvs :lvs You will be fine, I bet, and you will be trying to reassure me! :)
randomusername Posts: 2134
Have you been feeling like this all along Piggle? I just ask because I go through stages of freaking out completely. Like last night I was reading one of my pregnancy books and it was talking about different things and I freaked out, couldn't sleep, having little panics and woke hubby up with my carry on. Today I'm grand, I have some questions to ask the consultant when I'm back in but I was freaking out over nothing really. The % of it happening is very low and if I make sure I'm getting the care I should be and I have my birth plan all ready then I'll have done all I can do. If it comes to it that I need an emergency section I don't think theres a lot of time for panic but I'm going to do my research anyway so I am mentally prepared for as much as possible.
baby-talk Posts: 73
I was terrifed for ages also. My baby is breech and I thought, great, I'll have to have a c-section. I'm 36 weeks and baby is still breech but what I didn't know is I won't be having a c-section UNTIL I go into labour. So now of course I don't want a C-section. If I have to experience labout regardless I'd rather just get on with it. Have you started the antental classes? I found them great and don't fear labour anymore.