cake table display/decoration

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ClaireT1981 Posts: 510
Just wondering how you decorated your cake table? Have a while to go but trying to buy as much of the decorating things as possible along the way and was looking for ideas for decorating the cake table?
redgp Posts: 1681
I'm just getting a scattering of petals to match the colour of my bridesmaid dresses. Simple and effective! :-8 You don't want anything that takes away from the actual cake.
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
I must say I love the photos of the parents cutting their wedding cakes on the table. I cant do it as h2b's are seperated but I think its a lovely idea. I would do that, scatter some petals and leave the bouquets on the table too,.
Mrsmonoiam Posts: 417
I love the idea of the photos of the parents cutting their wedding cake too. Dont think I'll find one of my FIL's though....they eloped!!! Were gonna have petals/crystals and this Bought it last week....still waiting for it to arrive!! :)
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
[quote="miamiladyde":3ds56gmy]I had the L O V E letter and a little candle and shoe horse my dad had given us as a gift and scatered rose petals[/quote:3ds56gmy] Thats gorgeous! I haven't done anything for my table....I kind of forgot. Is it too late???
galbridezilla Posts: 190
[quote="CarolinaMoon":1axskirv][quote="miamiladyde":1axskirv]I had the L O V E letter and a little candle and shoe horse my dad had given us as a gift and scatered rose petals[/quote:1axskirv] Thats gorgeous! I haven't done anything for my table....I kind of forgot. Is it too late???[/quote:1axskirv] saw that you have 11 days left and thought " god...can't believe Carolinamoon's weddings is so close already"...then spotted my own ticker :duh: . Forgot we are date twins. Don't think it's too late at all. I'm just going to grab the mammy and daddy pics a few days before the wedding. If you wanted to do the LOVE sign, it should be fairly easy. I've seen them in Home base and TKmaxx. Where are you based? There's a crafts shop in blanchardstown shopping centre called inpiring ideas. They sell plain Letters than you can paint or decopatch. I have the word YUM for my candy table. think you can order on line from them as well..but I'm sure you can get them in most art and hobby shops. oh....or or....you could get battery operated fairy lights and drape them around the table? lord...I'm off on one...sorry. totally :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: today
Lindy79 Posts: 460
Our cake toppers don't fit on the top of the cake (it's a topsy turvy design) so ours are going on the table. I actually have pictures of both our parents cutting their cakes but had planned on using that somewhere else, never even dawned on me! :duh: