Calling all Glenview Brides 2009

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

twh Posts: 157
Hiya IM getting married in October this year and am curious for to talk to other brides about their plans and especially costs with Glenview has anyone been able to negotiate on prices with them? This could be from room rates to corkage? twh
diamondaddict1 Posts: 1
i'm also a glenview bride and I am also interested to hear if anyone got a discount off the corkage etc? their prices for corkage seem about 50% more expensive than other hotels around the area :(
Hiya we are trying to schedule a meeting with the manager about this - did you manage to haggle them down on anything so far???
taraxx Posts: 79
we got married there in January and chose wine from their list. We had originally wanted to bring in our own but the corkage was too expensive. The manager told us that it is so high as people were bringing in really crappy wine and having it corked. So, the guests then presumed that the Glenview served crap wine. They did not want to have their reputation ruined, so that is why they have the high corkage prices. Happy to PM you with the wines we chose if you go down that route.
taraxx Posts: 79
we got married there in January and chose wine from their list. We had originally wanted to bring in our own but the corkage was too expensive. The manager told us that it is so high as people were bringing in really crappy wine and having it corked. So, the guests then presumed that the Glenview served crap wine. They did not want to have their reputation ruined, so that is why they have the high corkage prices. Happy to PM you with the wines we chose if you go down that route.
cheers - the other half is reqally into his wine so knows his stuff and really wants to pick his own - i guess we just plug on seeing what we can get them down on - it is exhausting though!