Calling all Glenview brides!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lowdenclear Posts: 112
We're having our reception in the [url=http://www.glenviewhotel.ie/:1w313rqf]Glenview Hotel[/url:1w313rqf] in Wicklow this October... However, even with the special rate on the rooms, I know that it will be out of the price range of some of our friends and family, especially if they have travelled to get there (I'm from the north and so pretty much all my side will be travelling). Therefore, we're trying to put together a list of B&B's, guest houses, etc, that are nearby, along with roughly how far away they are from the hotel, so that people have an idea of what's out there. Does anyone already have something like this put together? Or do you even know where I would start?! :-8
glowgal Posts: 949
Hi Lowdenclear, Im also a Glenview Bride! I hadn't thought of this yet but its a good idea. Have you contacted the hotel? They might already have a list of B&B's nearby. I had a quick look online and there are a few websites that might of use. http://www.accommodation.ie/ http://www.goireland.com/goireland.htm http://www.ireland-bnb.com/
chefmaid Posts: 2426
great minds i was just thinking of posting something like this :o0 I will check out those websites and see what i can find :thnk
Thanks!! I've just fired off an email to the Glenview... I'll let you know if anything materialises... *)
Lulu08 Posts: 175
Hi Girls, I am also getting married in the glenview hotel in 10weeks time. i am origianlly from Wales so have a lot of people travelling over for the weekend. We emailed the Glenview and they sent back a list showing 2 hotels and 9 BB that are the closest, it on headed paper to so i am going to photocopy it and put it in with the invitations for people to ring round if they wish - most people (family) are going to stay in the Glenview but I know a few of my friends are going for the B&B's. It was really useful cause people can book whatever ones they want then. Also if you look on some of the sites above you can can get better rates than the hotel give you (Weird I know!) and they seem to be slightly cheaper on the Glenview website too (esp for the packages eg 2nights 1dinner) I also emailed Jo (one of the managers inthe Hotel) and requested for the people travelling over and staying there, that they try and put them all on the same floor with front facing rooms - she said it cant be guarenteed but they will do their best. But I thought it was best to ask! HTH Lulu :wv
Man, I love the Glenview! *) I emailed yesterday, and Gina had replied with a list of B&B's within 15 mins! I suppose... that's what you get when you're dealing with professionals... :thnk
Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
this is just the best idea!!!!!!!!!! have been meaning to start looking into accomodation possibilities. Girls, could you email me the lists you have so far? if you dont want to pass on, no worries, I'll mail Gina myself one other thing you should consider, this only dawned on me the other day, we have a good few guests travelling the day before as both of us are originally from diff areas. The hotel has agreed to honor the wedding rate for both nights, but i just checked their package deals and for an extra 20eur, guests could get a mid week deal for 2 nights B&B plus evening dinner!! might be worth letting guests know of this too as they'll have to eat the night before anyway!
this is just the best idea!!!!!!!!!! have been meaning to start looking into accomodation possibilities. Girls, could you email me the lists you have so far? if you dont want to pass on, no worries, I'll mail Gina myself one other thing you should consider, this only dawned on me the other day, we have a good few guests travelling the day before as both of us are originally from diff areas. The hotel has agreed to honor the wedding rate for both nights, but i just checked their package deals and for an extra 20eur, guests could get a mid week deal for 2 nights B&B plus evening dinner!! might be worth letting guests know of this too as they'll have to eat the night before anyway!
chefmaid Posts: 2426
Just pm'd you Miss Indecisive
sorry for the double post earlier (crap pc >:o( ) one other question for you girls, as above, a few of our guests are staying near/in the hotel the night before and some have asked about hairdressers near by. I havent a clue! :-8 where are you advising yours to get their hair done? I have not yet used a hairdresser in the area (make up artist is doing my hair for the wedd so i dont know which salon to recommend), do you know of any good ones near by?? Thanks. (edits to correct crappy spelling!)