Calling all Mayo brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

glamourpuss Posts: 58
Calling all Mayo brides.Are there any of ye out there?? I'm getting married in Oct 08 and just wondering who your suppliers are? My hotel is Mount Falcon Corrib quartet for church Looking for a female sololist Weightless Astronauts is band Need a photographer..any advise?Michael Dillon and Lisa Hynes on my list. Would love to hear from ye. Put this in feedback too-just in case
hikaa Posts: 29
Hi Glamourpuss, I too am a Mayo bride getting married in May of nexy year. So far have organised the, Church, Hotel (Mulranny), Video (John Murphy Headford), car( getawaycars Galway), Band(WLA same as you), disco( friend), wedding rings/bands and my dress( Sharon Hoey Dublin). Trying to get church music sorted at the mo. Have you ever heard of Mimosa? Photographer is prob going to be Michael McLoughlin from Wetport went to see him a few weeks ago and was impressed. Enjoy all the organising!
SiobhanOliverSoprano Posts: 3150
[quote="glamourpuss":1zv1yj9a]Looking for a female sololist [/quote:1zv1yj9a] Hi glamourpuss. you could try www.louiseharrison.net. she's based in Limerick but will travel. she sings with Anúna but sings solo for weddings. also www.sarahokennedy.com - also in Limerick and also sings with Anúna. I think she will travel as well. Siobhán
belle bride Posts: 42
Hi i to am a mayo bride, im getting married next june, Broadhaven Bay Hotel Horizon is the band that i have booked Church music been orgainsed at the moment Need number for micheal mc loughlin photographer in westport Any ideas for make up? Great to see others from Mayo on here!!!!
nadeamb Posts: 107
Hi there, We got married last November and we had David McCafferty from Ballina as our photographer/video. He was brilliant not a bit bossy like some photographers he really put us at ease & even got the kids to stand for photos as he wasnt delaying moving everyone here & there & nothing was too much trouble for him. His number is 096 - 21836. HTH, Irene
glamourpuss Posts: 58
Hi Siobhan, Thanks for your recomendations.I was actually in touch with you myself recently and you kindly replied to my enquiry.Had already tried Louise and Sarah but neither were available on my date. Delighted to hear from other Mayo WOLs.My aunt was at a wedding in park inn mulrannny and said it was lovely.Gorgeous views and function room has lots of natural light.
nadeamb Posts: 107
We had our own reception at the Park Inn Mulranny & it was fab. We couldnt fault a thing. Caroline was who we dealt with and she was absolutely brilliant so accomodating apart from we wanted to have our speaches before the meal which was a definite no no with them but everything else was perfect. Good Luck with the plans.
hikaa Posts: 29
Hi, We were thinking of having our speeches before dinner also. Did they let you or not. H2B not at all happy when i told him!!! What was the reason for not allowing the speeches before dinner? Thanks for your help.
DJSeptbride Posts: 396
I'm a Mayo bride too Church Knockmore Hotel Pontoon Bridge Hotel Cars Des Leonard Video Michael Gallagher Soloist Sharon Molloy Chair covers Anne from weddingchaircovers.ie Chocolate Fountain cascading chocolate fountain Florist R & R Nurseries Foxford Hair & Make Up Amelda & Siobhan - coming to the house Cake Angela Geraghty Band & DJ Judd Ruane If you want any numbers PM me HTH Good luck with the planning
lil-star Posts: 3149
hey guys!! im 08.08.08! getting married in ballina, reception in Belleek Castle, not too sure about church music, my mum is arranging a harpist but still need a singer, family friend is DJ. has anyone heard christina forde singing? i want a break from the dj cos we arent getting a band and i heard shes a great singer