Calorie Counting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LM24 Posts: 932
Hi, does anyone have a website link / information that gives you the calorie content of food and drink. I actually dont know how many calories I am consuming each day and am hoping to cut back. The easiest way to do this, I think, would be to eat the same amounts but with food of lesser calories so that I amn't starving myself which would make me miserable! Or even weightwatchers information about points - I've never gone but it seems to be a good way of managing what you eat. Also hoping to start cycling and walking regularly, just need to get motivated and the crappy summer we are having isnt helping. *) Any help appreciated :wv
angelellie Posts: 231
If you just google it - theres loads in the US.
LM24 Posts: 932
Ok I'll try that, thanks
frecklz Posts: 1839
[quote="LM24":3nnxc6u3]Also hoping to start cycling and walking regularly, just need to get motivated and the crappy summer we are having isnt helping. *) Any help appreciated :wv[/quote:3nnxc6u3] Have some good bouncy music on your MP3 player for walking to. Something you can actually walk in rhythm to. Not for cycling though - that would be dangerous. I keep thinking I'm gonna cycle today, but when I put my jacket on and look outside, it looks like it's gonna rain, and I never bother, even though it doesn't rain. I hate this country!!! :o(
MrsMOnAMission Posts: 376
I use this website: - there was a Channel4 show on it a few months back.. basically it -tells you for your height and weight how may cals to eat every day to lose either 1,1.5 or 2 lbs it lets you choose your loss rate (that’s all they let you do as more is unsustainable) -has a diary page where you enter what your have eaten and it gives the cals (takes them off your daily allowance IYKWIM) -low calorie recipes -message boards -a tracking page to track weight loss -It costs about £9 a month, the way I see it its cheaper than WW but you have to weigh your self - its a uk site but there are alot of Irish people on it, its good if your on line all day like me :o0 So far I've lost over a stone (17lbs) and even when I have had a few bad weeks (like 6 in a row :-8 ) I didn’t pile the weight all back on stayed the same weight :o)ll