calvepan vaccine south side Dublin??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snuggler Posts: 1296
Hi, I'm hoping to get this out south side Dublin this week, i've checked hse website and says they have hse clinic in Loughlinstown hosp between 9am and 4pm but does not specify if do calvepan, does not seem to specify on hse website which clinics do calvepan, anyone know??
lovingmarriedlife Posts: 324
as far as i know - all the HSE clinics have it but in limited supplies for those who need it (ie egg allergy)
smileybride Posts: 205
south side- ballyfermot, Cherry Orchard have it (had itbefore Christmas anyway!)
jarashow Posts: 3083
snuggler I went there and requested it as I was pregnant and there were no issues.
Millie- Posts: 490
snuggler - i went to loughlinstown to get my swine flu jab and it is definitly caveplan
Loopster Posts: 190
Hey snuggler - I got Celvepan in the HSE clinic in Balally (beside dundrum shopping centre), when I got the first dose I think they only had celvepan but when I went back for the booster they were giving pandemrix unless celvepan was specifically asked for, I'm sure the HSE clinics will still have celvepan available for pregnant women and others that cant take the other one.
taurus09 Posts: 484
hi, sorry to hijack the thread. I'm a still a few weeks away from needing my swine flu jab, but didn't realise there were different vaccinations. Is only one safe for pregnant women, or do people just have a preference for one over the other?
snuggler Posts: 1296
Tks for replies girls, got it in Loughlinstown this morn, had to push for the calvepan(sp?) lady said only really for people with egg allergy as limited stock etc but I just said i'd prefer it if poss so she said ok ... when i went into get the vaccine from doc, she said she would recommend the calvepan if preg anyway so gave it to me. I've to get 2nd one after 3 weeks..tks again
jan8 Posts: 554
hi taurus celvepan safer as mercury free i think