Cambridge Diet - Who's your CD counseller? (Dublin)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

frillynickers Posts: 1765
hey girlies, Just wondering those of you who are doing cd and are based in dublin who are you going too? Im looking to start back up again (did it once last year for three weeks but wasnt committed enough) Im looking for a new counseller, nothing wrong with the last just not the easiest to get to and would feel like a failure going back to her again. Anyway im based in drimnagh, I know there is a counseller called Keelin, does anyone know where she is based? Are there any based in town or who travel into town? Im started back today as I have some packs left over from last year but need to started getting a regular supply for next week etc. Thanks girls Frilly
anya Posts: 187
As far as I know Keelin is based in Firhouse in Tallaght so shes probably the closest. Their numbers are in the cambridge.ie so maybe give the others a ring to see where they are. HTH
MissusW Posts: 330
I have an appointment to see Deirdre in Blackrock/Sandymount direction on wednesday?
thanks, I guessed she was out that direction as my parents have a similar number. Dee is really nice I used her the last time, she is based at the end of newtown mount kennedy, so more blackrock, monkstown. You see I dont want to go back to dee as I think I'll feel really awkward if that makes any sense? If keelin is in the firhouse direction I can go out to her and pop in to see the parents at the same time so will kill to birds with one stone, although I know my mum will probably try to "feed" me when Im there. What plan are you on are you doing just the SS or the one where you can eat a bit of food? I was thinking of doing the latter as H2B would have a fit if he knew I was doing this diet.
I went to Dee years ago and to be honest I wouldnt feel bad going back to her. She did the diet herself and knows how hard it is. So honestly if its handier Id use her again. You know yourself shes lovely. Im planning on doing SS+ Ive ordered the porridge, the chocolate, banana and strawberry tetras so Im good to go. I have 4 months 3 weeks to my wedding so were similar enough! Have you much to loose?
yea maybe your right, maybe I should just go back to dee. Well im 5ft 7 and 13.7lbs there abouts, have a electronic weighing scales so it should be right. I want to loose at least 2 stone for the wedding which would bring me down to 11 and a half stone. Im a size 14-16 depending on what im wearing, always a 16 in jeans but 14 in dresses tops etc. My dress is due in, in the next 4 weeks so it would be nice to have a stone off by then. Are you seeing dee during the day, my problem was I would go out to see her on a saturday (I dont Drive) so I would have to get a luas into town then the dart or a bus to the seapoint stop so It would take AGES to get out and home. I would idealy like to be a 12-14 for the wedding, 12 would be fantastic but Id settle on a loose 14. How about yourself. Porrige? thats new they didnt have that the last time at least you'd feel like your having a proper breakfast!
I work in the city centre so im going to get the dart out on my lunch break. I want to loose about 4 stone but Im just taking it week by week. Yeah they have a plain porridge and an apple and cinnamon one now too. Dont know what they'll taste like but hey! Not sure when my dress is in. Its ordered in my proper size. 18 I think but the girl said that they can take it in up to about 4 sizes so Im not too worried.
Thats not a bad idea actually. Might do the same I'll give her a buz and see if I can get a lunch appointment. I work right beside tara street station so very handy for me to hop on the dart and pop over. Hmmmm I see a plan formulating. Is tommorow your first time to see her, how much is she charging now if you dont mind me asking? I think that if I tick to this for the next 3 months I could easily loose the weight, Ive only one wedding in may and my hens is in june so would come of it for both of those but Id be well on my way at that stage. I think the first time I dd it I lost 8lbs the first week and 3 every week after that so in 8 weeks I would or at least should be down 2 stone so Id be a skinny minnie for the hens :o0
Im going to do the same. Just gonna pop on the dart and go at lunchtime. Its 60euro for the week. Same as last time for me. Your more or less the same! Ive a wedding in May. My hens in June too! Its do or die time for me!
ditto, tried to do it pretty much the same time last year although think it was closer to June. Stopped then joined ww 2wice, I think, didnt stick to that either. Really wanted to loose weight before I picked my dress but didnt. I really want to loose this weight now, I dont want to look back on my photo's and think, OMG what a fat cow. I think going on this strict diet is really the only way to do, I cant see any other way around it. Even if I can make it to 12/11 stone on the CD and than work slowly for the rest I'll be happy. I know one things for certain I dont want to SS for weeks and weeks. I think 5-8 weeks will be my limit and then I will need to move onto the 810 were I can at least have a small meal in the evenings. That way I wont feel so guilty when it comes to the hens in June and for the remaining months/weeks July and august I'll feel like I m havig somewhat a normal life. For your first week did you not have to pay 80 I think I did the last time.