can anyone help mat leave

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

twinssep Posts: 1242
hi girls hope ur all ok just a quick q especially for anyone in hr. my paid leave ended in march but doc signed me off due to post traumatic stress as u know im pregnant again and my doc has advised that with the pstd and the last preg being so high risk that she would be signing me off for a while my q is as i get paid full sick pay and mat pay if i dont go backbefore this baba is born will i still be entitled to mat leave pay cant ask work as dont want to tell them just yet thanks girls :wv
jen2 Posts: 3106
Im not in HR, but I think, if your job are paying you sick pay, that means that they are paying your contributions as well. So once you have your stamps up to date, and are still in employment , you should be covered for your next mat. leave. Jen2
thanks so much jen i was panicking a bit but i do get paid full sick leave and obviously i am still being taxed so does this mean ill be more than likely covered
YEah oce your stamps are up to date, and you are still in employment, you will be covered. I rang up about it for myself a few weeks ago. I have bben out sick since Sept 06. But gave up the job in DEC 06. They said I was not entitled to mat. pay, as I was not in employment. They told me that once your stamps are up to date , and you are in employment, then they could give me mat. pay. Jen2
thanks jen its all a bit of a shock i was out b4 th twins were born and still got mat pay so i guess it will be the same who would be best to call about my contributions
There is the maternity benefit section. Call 1890690690. They will tell you straight away. Jen2
thanks hun thats a great help how r u feeling
Off my head at the moment. I took one for my painkillers 30 mins ago. They are helping with the pain, but I still cant stop worrying about this poor baby. Between the operations and all the drugs( prescribed) Im on. I think about it so much. DH wont even talk about it. He said of course he is worried, but said he will not talk about it. Get really angry if I try to bring it up. I suppose man and women have very different ways of dealing with things. Thanks for asking Jen2
u poor pet men are gas they cope completly different to us when twins in nicu he was sayiny to everyone that they were wonderful and great they were on life support machines thank god they r great but when he was telling people this i wanted to scream just there way of dealing with it i hope ur getting plenty of rest