Can anyone recommend a breast pump?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

loulou1 Posts: 233
Hi girls, Just thinking that if all goes well with the BF, I might look into buying a breast pump to keep it up... so for those of you that have kids already or have heard good reviews about one, would you be able to recommend one..... Thanks
jan8 Posts: 554
medela is best brand. i borrowed double electric pump and it was great. see if you can borrow; inhealth.ie sells spare parts for them too
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I bought the medela swing pump for ds. I expressed for about 6 weeks after I stopped bf. I found it great and easy and quick to use. To be honest I'd recommend not buying a pump until you see how the bf goes. Anyway it's recommended that you don't pump for at least 4 weeks after LO is born so your milk can get established.
loulou1 Posts: 233
Thanks for the advice. I'll give the BF a go, see how I get on and all being well I might borrow a pump from a friend.
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I used the medela mini electric with dd1 and the medela swing with dd2. Found the swing a lot better, it was quieter (handy when chatting on phone while pumping ha ha) and it has two phases one to stimulate let down and one to pumpout the milk which i found excellent. Best of luck with the breastfeeding, it can be tough starting out but its fab once you get going!
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
I second the meleda swing - you can usually get the pump part second hand then get the attachments new
marriedLife Posts: 1881
I have the meleda for at home which I found great - but I also needed a manual one for when out and about (like on a night out and had to pump & dump). I found the tommy tippe manual pump great - it almost got as much milk out as the electic one, plus it was only about 30 euro I think.