Can anyone recommend hotels in Orlando and New York?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newlywed0912 Posts: 734
hey, can anyone recommend hotels in orlando and new york? try to organise honeymoon, would love some recomendations :)
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Avoid the London NYC. We booked a suite for five nights for our honeymoon and it so wasn't worth it. They weren't a bit nice there and the hotel was pretty meh! The Four Seasons in New York is AMAZING!
ginger power Posts: 1632
We booked the peabody in orlando for ours looks fab, but first time staying there :-8
tnydancer Posts: 100
For New York id recommend the Vincci Avalon its on a great location (34th St) and its a lovely hotel. We stayed there im a suite once and it was gorgeous! Also I dont think its too expensive. For Orlando we stayed in the hilton doubletree lovely hotel and right up near universal studios so we could go there at night and then walk back to the hotel. The night life on international drive wasnt the best. The best advise I can give you is phone the hotels directly as I got both mine cheaper when I called directly. Enjoy Im so jealous :weep
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
We stayed in the Empire Hotel in New York, its very central (beside the Lincoln Center) and the rooms are fab, if a little small. We loved it.
frankenbride Posts: 419
The Casablanca hotel in NY is lovely and right on Times Square. Another hotel we considered was The Night hotel again it's right on Times Square. We also stayed in the Sheraton nice hotel but rooms were the smallest we'd stayed in. As for Orlando we stayed in Homewood Suites they were gorgeous and the local restaurants take a night each and bring food to the hotel for the managers reception most nights of the week with some free wine and soft drinks. They also do a limo to bring you to Disney and the Universal bus also pulls up there, it was lovely.
Dollydel Posts: 1726
We stayed in the Crowne Plaza on Universal Boulevard a stones throw from international drive. I loved the hotel and would stay there again when we go back to Orlando. :o)ll The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. We had a room that had a little kitchenette that was perfect for grabbing a quick breakfast. The rooms were serviced every day. Fresh sheets/towels. Only small problem I would have with the hotel would be that the pool area is small. Depends on the time of year you are planning to go. We went early June so it wasn't too busy but I'd say in high season there wouldn't be a hope of getting a sunbed. I think we only spend 2 mornings at the pool as there is just so much to do in Orlando I didn't want to waste any time. We had a quick bite to eat at the poolside bar one evening which was lovely. For us the location was perfect. We didn't hire a car so it was only a ramble to international drive to catch the i-trolley that runs up and down international drive and a pass is only a couple of dollars for the week. The hotel runs a shuttle bus to the parks we only availed of the one going to Disney one of the days. You have to book this at least 24 hours in advance or you won't be allowed on it. The location isn't probably great for the Disney parks, tbh I don't think any of the hotels near international drive are a good base if you plan on spending most of your time in the Disney parks it would be best to stay in the Buena Vista area. A taxi back to the hotel from the Disney parks was about $30/40. We mostly went to the universal parks. We used to get the trolley as far as we could then walk about a 10minute walk. We then would get a taxi back for about $10. Check it out on TripAdvisor. I am so jealous!!!! Best holiday of my life so far. Can't wait to go back. Roll on 2014! :o)ll :o)ll Can't recommend a hotel in NYC but I can't tell you to avoid the Wellington Hotel. Diaster! Not a bit of comfort.
Mrs W Posts: 2923
we stayed in the Rosen Plaza and Crowne Plaza on International Drive, both were lovely but the Crowne Plaza was better i thought. nightlife isnt great on I Drive tho... there is a lovely authentic italian that we went to on our last night, i cant remember the name but it was just beside Millers Ale House. be warned though, go into it starving... we couldnt finish half our food, the portions are massive
Lennyx Posts: 242
I was just about to post the Peabody for Orlando, Oh my god it's amazing, we didn't stay in it but we visited one evening to see the Duck Parade, it's a must for anyone going to Orlando!!! Missredhead you will love the hotel, it's out of this world. SOOO fancy!!! In NYC I would recommend the Marriott on Times Square. It's so central, clean, modern & best of all the rooms aren't small at all. I was there 2 years ago sharing a triple room with 2 others & we had loads of room. Which for NYC is quite unusal!! I'm extremely jealous of you... But enjoy.
McLisa Posts: 1815
We got engaged in NYC and stayed in the affinia shelbourne, fantastic location on 34th and Lexington. We had huge suite with balcony and view of Empire state building and chrysler building, other half booked it all do don't know about cost but I remember him saying he got good deal on it plus they have a really famous steak Restuarant called Rare where I had the best Kobe beef...