Can I eat penuts?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marriedinmay Posts: 578
Bit confused ..... some places say yes some say no?!
BabyCakes~1 Posts: 126
I read no but i'd be delighted to hear it was yes. i absolutely love peanuts!!!
Wild Child Posts: 1694
I have read and been told on here that it is ok to eat nuts as long as you and DH dont have an allergic reaction to them....I could be wrong but I'm sure I read this in my pregnancy book too!
marriedinmay Posts: 578
I have read it is a problem if there is an allergy to nuts in the family!
Wild Child Posts: 1694
Yea I think it is in the family sorry :-8
izzie1977 Posts: 460
My DH is allergic so I cant eat them, the doc said that if you DH or either of your siblings have a nut allergy then you need to stay away from them! I miss my Alpen in the mornings :o( If its not in your family then you will be fine to eat away!
Diamondz Posts: 2208
yep - heard the same - only avoid if there is a nut allergy within yours or Dh's immediate family.... Thankfully not in mine - so living on peanut butter and toast - yum *) Are there peanuts in Alpen - I thought it was hazelnuts and almonds?? Was told that only peanuts need to be avoided and all other nuts are fine to eat????????
izzie1977 Posts: 460
Mayalldone, my DH is allergic to Almonds, Peanuts and Hazelnuts. The worst is Almonds and Peanuts! Its a right pain! I would love nothing more than a huge bowl of Alpen and toast and Peanut butter or chocolate spread....starving now !!! *)
i want one Posts: 2893
married in may, in the pregnancy diet book i bought it said to avoid peanuts if there is allergy to them in the family and also if you have ecezma? spelling probably wrong? not sure what the link is to ecezma but just said id let you know.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Sorry Izzie - didn't mean to make you hungry!! Do any of the other brands of muesli come without these nuts? Or maybe a brand with just fruit? So glad I don't have these allergies in the family - not sure I could resist the temptation :-8