Can midwifes led clinic in HS sign you off work?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fizzy bubbles Posts: 339
I have one week left in work and I am jst not coping with travelling in very well. I have an appointment tomorrow in HS and was going to see could they sign me off work for the remining few days? Can a midwife sign you off or does it have to be your gp?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
im pretty sure it has to be gp. GP will make the diagnosis as to why you need the time off. a midwife cant do that. is the clinic at your GP practice? is it at the hospital? maybe they can go ask the dr to sign the cert i.e. your gp or ur dr at hospital. im in uk so not sure how MLU works. but i was with MLU here but went to my gp if needed time off work.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I was with the consultant last week and had to go back to my GP for sign-off so I imagine the same would apply to midwives?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="ohsotired":3fg7qqh9]I was with the consultant last week and had to go back to my GP for sign-off so I imagine the same would apply to midwives?[/quote:3fg7qqh9] now im surprised at that! i wonder why the consultant didnt sign you off.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
my cons signed me off. but my gp had to give me the social welfare certs every week for work.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Like funkyfish I had to get the actual certs from GP - in my head by sign off I mean getting the actual certs :o0
fizzy bubbles Posts: 339
thanks girls will ring hospital to find out and if they cant will ring my gp