can ovulation tests detect pregnancy hormone/

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
just wondering if the ovulation strips (cheap internet ones) detect the pregnancy hormone?
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
I don't think so but you can get cheap internet strips that do for less than 40pence each You can also get the ultra early ones, same as the first response ones, though they are more expensive e.g. I got these ones: http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acat ... Tests.html Though it did not save me much money in the end as I have used so many :-8
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Reason I asked is because I did one last night and had a faint positive. I have been getting sick on 2ww, had this last time I was pregnant.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi LMS, best of luck to you pet, I really really hope it happens for you. About your question, OPKs detect Leutinising Hormone, which is present throughout your entire cycle. So it's not surprising to find that you get a faint positive at this time. I posted a link to a graph of hormone levels before which showed this. It's when LH reaches a peak (or strong positive) around ovulation that it can be used to help to pinpoint the exact time. OPKs are specific for LH and won't detect HCG, the pregnancy hormone. HTH :wv