Can someone recommend a doc for private Holles st?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babyluck Posts: 764
I would really need to have this conversation with friends - but I am not telling anyone til 12 weeks. I think I remember one friend saying she just rang them all until one could take her! I cant remember any names! and the holles street website is down at the moment. so just wondering if there is any recommendations? thank you in advace! :wv
orchid19 Posts: 50
Hi Babyluck, Congratulations on your pregnancy! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. We are attending Dr Peter McParland. We go to his private rooms in the Blackrock clinic for appointments. Only had to go to Holles St once so far for the 20wk scan which you pay for separately (€110 I think) I think the fees last year were €4400. He is s very nice man and have had no complaints so far. But ring ASAP for app his number is 01-2064277. Good luck, Orchid19
brill! actually I think I know that name! thanks for that orchid hope you are feeling well :wv
Barbara Ann Posts: 1032
Hi babyluck, I'm attending Dr. Robson at the moment. his fees are 4,000 but I heard from someone he has now gone up to 5,000.He is the master at the moment in Holles Street and seems very popular. :wv Don't leave it too long before ringing for a consultant, they fill up very quickly. :wv
Diddums Posts: 204
Hi Babyluck I'm seeing Dr. Stephen Carroll in Holles St. So far I'd recommend him, he's very nice, patient and reassuring and his nurse is very helpful. His rooms are in Holles St itself and his fee was 4,600 pre-Christmas (not sure whether it's gone up). BTW I would reiterate what BarbaraAnn said - I called two days before my period was due (had a BFP though !) to book in and had difficulty getting a consultant, so you should ring quickly. Best of luck.
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I'd defo reccomend Peter McParland as well! He's just brill. He was sooooo attentive when I had my last baby, even when he had gone home he rang on the hour to check on me. I was a complicated case so maybe thats why but really found him brilliant. I freaked out at one stage through pushing as well and he was really good at calming me down. Going to him again this time. My sister is with Nicki Kruan (I think her name is - holle St) and she LOVES her, she seems to be really good as well! HTH'S!
Sassy Posts: 2269
I also went to Dr McParland and would reccommend him to anyone. My sister inlaw went with Dr Carroll she found him really good. The other dr i know of is Dr Orla Shiel her rooms are in holles street. My cousin is attending her at the moment and loves her.
jmeath Posts: 5740
[quote="Diddums":3ndf8hxl]Hi Babyluck I'm seeing [b:3ndf8hxl]Dr. Stephen Carroll [/b:3ndf8hxl]in Holles St. So far I'd recommend him, he's very nice, patient and reassuring and his nurse is very helpful. His rooms are in Holles St itself and his fee was 4,600 pre-Christmas (not sure whether it's gone up). [/quote:3ndf8hxl] I think this is who both my auntie and my mam had and they were both delighted although he was away for when my mam gave birth to my little brother but the same happened her with my sister in the Lourdes
all good advice janey I better get my skates on I am 5w and 2 days! thanks girls! :wv