Can't stop eating!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Watchoka Posts: 90
Don't know what is going on with me. I'm working out almost everyday but it's like I'm self sabotaging my own wedding as I can't shut my feckin mouth cakes, biscuits, sucky sweets, hot chocolate - you name it I'm eating it. I've always eaten fairly healthily and still do now - salmon and veg etc for dinner but I'm getting strong cravings for sugar at the minute. It's been going on for a month (before that I had some discipline) and I'm finding it hard to control. I'm not pregnant and I can't have been premenstrual for the last month. I'm annoyed that I'm working out (somthing I don't usually do) but because I can't stop eating I'm not looking different. I haven't been on the scales but I know I've put on a few pounds. Can't believe I could get married weighing the heaviest I've ever been. Shelled out all that money for the dress and I'm going to be the one ruining it for myself. Sorry for the self pitying rant but I am at my wits end with these sugar cravings! Any guidance would be much appreciated xxx
belcra Posts: 1097
Cold turkey for 3 days should break the habit and bet you'll drop a pound or two too. Drink diet coke or chew chewing gum but no sweets - it works! Just get yourself through those 3 days and you'll be fine.
Watchoka Posts: 90
Thanks Belcra! I've a feeling the next three days are going to be tough - I'm addicted to sugar.
belcra Posts: 1097
Get Grapes or strawberries or something. Set up an account on MyFitnessPal and record every little thing you eat. I put on weight since ordering my dress and took a while to cop on to myself. I finally have and down 3.5lbs last week doing all of the above. Best of luck and let me know how it goes.
Helen09 Posts: 26
Hi Watchoka! Maybe you're not eating enough & your blood sugars are dipping making you crave sugar? Be sure to eat regularly to avoid this & try eating slow releasing carbs like brown bread, brown rice etc which will also help stabilise sugar levels. A tip for a sweet treat is a fun pack size of mini smarties, only 67 cals per box & you still get your chocolate fix!! HTH
Bootleg Betty Posts: 264
Hi Watchoka, I am the exact same! Been so good for months and now 6 weeks before the wedding I can't stop myself from eating all day long! Even things I would never ever have like giant scones from the coffee shop next door for breakfast O:| Let me know if you find some magic trick to re-motivate yourself :)
puddin2 Posts: 1093
[quote="Bootleg Betty":2purvfke]Hi Watchoka, I am the exact same! Been so good for months and now 6 weeks before the wedding I can't stop myself from eating all day long! Even things I would never ever have like giant scones from the coffee shop next door for breakfast O:| Let me know if you find some magic trick to re-motivate yourself :)[/quote:2purvfke] this is me too :weep Feeling a bit stressed and my answer is to eat! I mean come on I have only 4 weeks to go and need to shed some lbs not put some on!!! Need to make up a big bowl of salad and leave it in the fridge so that I've no excuse as it's ready. Will get the fun size smarties too.
Bootleg Betty Posts: 264
Also as soon as someone says to me you look good or you've lost weight I think grand so that means I can get a bag of chips on the way home :o0
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
[quote="Bootleg Betty":2o9echgh]Also as soon as someone says to me you look good or you've lost weight I think grand so that means I can get a bag of chips on the way home :o0[/quote:2o9echgh] Ugh I always do this too. It's so stupid- you would think the compliments would motivate us to stick with being good!
spaced2012 Posts: 275
build yourself up to plan a complete sugar free diet for at least 5-7 days (includes no fruit) try taking a supplement chromium picolinate to help regulate sugar levels, ease cravings fill house with non sugar foods you might get some headaches - sugar hangover! after this sweet things can taste sickly sweet and are not your primary craving... you'll likely crave fruit! even if you hardly ate any. I do this every so often and it just kills sweet tooth. I've found a new adoration for dark chocolate and I used to hate it as I thought it was so bitter.. but after a sugar free diet I found it was almost like milk choc, really fab and 2 squares so satiable you don't want a whole bar. its actually good for you too :thnk 72% min cocoa now is what i'd go for and tesco do a great own brand swiss one. and I would avoid diet coke like a plague, it will actually inhibit weight loss to the point of making you gain weight :eek