can you asked to be induced in Holles Street

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sjp2010 Posts: 238
Does anyone know what Holles Street policy is on being induced? Can you ask to be induced? or do you have to go over a certain amount of days before they will induce you???
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
When I was induced in HS I was told that the standard policy is 14 days over your due date, and unless there's a concern for you or the baby, they give you that long in the hope you go yourself. No idea about asking, but I would guess it's down to the consultant and the reasons for wanting it.
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
the absolute earliest they will induce you unless there's a medical reason is 12 days but it's usually 14. having been through it, i would say wait the 14 so you have a way better chance of it working and going quickly. i was induced at 12 days over, DS didn't arrive til 14 days over.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
They are ery strict about their policies there. They scan you at 12 days overdue and if all is well they bring you in for induction at 14 days over. This happened to me but induction failed and DS was born by emergency section 16 days overdue. Hoping for elective section this time but it is a tough fight. Can I ask why you want to be induced? You would be far better going into spontaneous labour if possible. Induction is exhausting unless it works straight away, which doesn't often happen.
juicytube2 Posts: 245
Thanks girls, ended up asking holles st who was most popular consultant and they said McPartland tends to be so I went with him :D ...Good to hear he is nice!
juicytube2 Posts: 245
haha sorry for girls who posted on this thread I just realised posted in the wrong one..oops
Hi all, Just to update ye, you were right,They are very strict about their policies there. I was scanned at 12 days overdue and was brought in to be induced on day 14. I fought with them to bring me in early even 1-2 days but they were having none of it.
sjp2010, hope all went well for you and that the induction worked fast and you had a healthy baby at the end of it. Let us know if you can.
Oh I forgot to metaion that :-) not thinking straight these days. Induction was long but only needed one gel, as my water broke 6 hours later after getting it. Had a healthy baby boy 5th June, All well.
Congratulations. That is great. You are so lucky it worked fast for you and you only needed one gel.