Can you help work out my due date?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sugarsweet2000ie Posts: 345
Me for the 100th time today! (Sorry!! :-8 ) I just hope someone out there can help me work out my due date. I have PCOS and have irregular cycles. Cycles ranging from 104 days to 39 days. Anyway here's a little look at my fertility calendar for the past few weeks and hopefully one of you girls can help me! Would love to really know how long I'm gone.. and when I'm due.. 25th October - BD 27th October - BD 30th October - BD 1st November - BD 3rd November - BD and TWO LINES ON OVULATION STICK 4th November - BD Then I waited for the two week wait and did pregnancy tests on: 7th Nov, 10th Nov,11th Nov, 14th Nov - [b:3jgw91xj]ALL [/b:3jgw91xj][b:3jgw91xj]BFN[/b:3jgw91xj] Then I did a HPT on 28th of November and got a [b:3jgw91xj]BFP[/b:3jgw91xj] Actually did 5 tests - all positive. Clearblue test said 3+ Went to the doctor and she tried to work out how long I was and she reckoned about 4 weeks?! Would I be closer to nearly 4 1/2 or 5 weeks or is she spot on?! She said it was hard to tell as my cycles are not a regular 28 day cycle. I really would love to get a scan done before Christmas and show my Mum and Dad but I only want to get this done as long as I am over 7 weeks and get a heartbeat... What do you girls think?! Are any of you Pro's at this kinda thing?! Thanks so much :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs
browz Posts: 256
oooh I love doing maths!! Ok, going on a 28 day cycle where ovulation is day 14 ish. 3rd Nov u ovulated (as per ov test?) so if things went to plan and you conceived around that time, 2 wwwks after ov you would have got a positive (17th Nov). You say you didnt do a test until 28th and it was positive. If you were positive from 17th you would be just over 5 wks when you did your test and would have got a 3+, which you did. Id say you are around 5 and half weeks then. The clearblue digital are very accurate so id go wth that til you have your scan.
Thanks Browz for answering my posts! You are very kind :xxx I really hope that I am 5+ weeks.. It makes sense and when I add it up like that, It does seem that I could be 5+ weeks... Just don't know why my doctor kept saying I was about 4 weeks. The only thing is that I don't have regular cycles so I have to take that into consideration when trying to calculate it.. But the info on when I ov'd and when I BD'ed are all there and that's the evidence as well. It's such a pity I didn't continue to do HPT's after the 2 weeks wait and I would have gotten a closer and accurate date. I really want to book a scan but don't want to go unless I can see the heartbeat. That would mean the world to me :lvs :lvs :lvs and be the BEST Christmas present in the world. There has to be other girls who have irregular cycles who had to guess their dates too!! But Browz I like your Maths style.. I'll give you an A+++ (I really want it to be 5+ weeks! :hyper: )
christmasbaby Posts: 100
You can calculate due date if you know conception date so going by your dates, that's around Nov 3rd/4th ?? That makes you around 5 weeks if you put in one those dates. Due end of July :) An early scan should give you a good indication of due date too. Congratulations by the way :o)ll
Thanks ChristmasBaby - Congratulations to you too - You are just about there! That must be an incredible feeling... Everytime I put the 3rd or 4th November into a pregnancy due date calculator - It comes up with either 8th or 9th of August??? ETA - and then it tells me that I am only 3 weeks pregnant!! So weird ;o(
christmasbaby Posts: 100
Thanks! Yeah exciting times here alright! Think that's because it's counting the 3rd/4th Nov as the first day of last period. On that link I put up, make sure you tick the box 'date I conceived' before putting in the date & that should do it. Gives the 27th July as due date :) Hope that helps :wv
Luka Posts: 1904
you put the first date of your last period in to the calculator. So if you ov'd nov 3rd, your lmp may have been about oct 20th. (2 weeks before). Basically my LMP was Aug 3rd 2010. my GP added 9 months & one week. My due date was may 10th 2011. My DS was born may 1st (section). I know you were saying your cycles are long, but there is a time frame the babies development falls into & if you are getting a BFP then there is a good amount of pregnancy hormone. So if you ovd nov 3rd, then when adding the 2 weeks back to your af,which your GP will do, you are 6 weeks tomorrow. You'd be due around the 27th of July. A scan is the best way to tell the dates for certain.
Ooohhh this all sounds very promising!!! See the only problem I have is that my last menstraul period was the 6th - 9th of October, so it can't be accurate because that would mean I ov'd 4 weeks after my last AF! So annoying having irregular cycles cos it just messes up everything! It would be AMAZING to be 6 weeks pregnant... Am afraid to book a scan though just incase it is a waste and they cant see anything. I really wanted to get one done before Christmas but if you girls think there is a chance I will be 7 weeks before Christmas - HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs
Luka Posts: 1904
Well if you have really long cycles you may well have ovd 4 weeks after your af. you know ovulation sticks pick up pregnancy hormone too, but you did have a few neg tests before your BFP, so I think you just ov'd late. YOur GP will go by your LMP for now. My cycles were always long, 31 to 33 days but my GP just went with regular calculations. Anyway congrats on your pregnancy :o)ll exciting times!!!