Can you request a scan at 5 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifetobe Posts: 1438
I feel like I need reassurance. I have one booked privately for 9 1/2 weeks, is there anyway you can get one even earlier? This is probably silly :o0
lila Posts: 982
Hi Wifetobe - the earliest that they can see the heartbeat is about 7 weeks. If you went for a scan at 5 weeks you wouldn't really see anything and thats normal but your mind wouldn't really be at rest. As long as you have no bleeding or doubled over in pain then you should be ok. I know its easier said than done.....
thanks lila :thnk
newbie24 Posts: 530
Hi Wife to be... I think 5 weeks might be abit early, the website for Mount Carmel requests that your at least 6 weeks, but i saw a heart beat at 6 weeks and 4 days.........if you didn't want to wait for the 9.5 week mark!?
Marpat Posts: 1784
Hi WifetoBe - Hope you are feeling well as your big day draws near! When I had a m/c in May, the doctor in the coombe told me there was no point in scanning as it wouldn't tell us anyway and I was just over 5 weeks. maybe ring Mount Carmel and ask the earliest if you're looking for peace of mind. Good luck MP
Thanks I will x