Can your bump be bigger

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
if you had a section with the baby before? I had DD 7 years ago and never changed clothes size (I am a size 20 anyway so she had lots of room to grow as it was)! My belly seems to be getting bigger with this baby and my mother said this morning you can be bigger if you had a section the first time. Anyone know if there is any truth in that?
birdie Posts: 954
I don't know if the section has anything to do with it but lots of people are bigger on a second pregnancy anyway, so it could just be down to it being your second I reckon!
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'd say it's the second pregnancy as the reason more than the C section. When my friend told me she was 12 weeks pregnant on her second, everyone already knew, as she was the size she had been at 5 months on the first! I've heard of it happening to a few people.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
It's supposed to be cos everything has already been stretched so there is less elasticity than the first time round.
LMR Posts: 1925
[quote="birdie":3l36fvp5]I don't know if the section has anything to do with it but lots of people are bigger on a second pregnancy anyway, so it could just be down to it being your second I reckon![/quote:3l36fvp5] +1 The muscles have done it before so they stretch out quikcer. Its why a lot of women tend to show sooner on their second also.
Perci Posts: 3847
I had a section on my first and this pregnancy has just been like a carbon copy of the first one. Didn't start showing until I was 22wks+, I've a small build though so I don't know if that makes a differnece.