Canadian immigration; question about application.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rogue User Posts: 6101
Hey girls, just looking at a few options for myself and OH. We did the free assessment for immigration and they got back to us and said we've a good chance of getting skilled migration visa. BUT the application is through a law firm and we will have to pay 850 now for the next phase of the application - is this the norm? Is there not an official website for Canadian visas - like a government website? I can't seem to find one, they're all law firms and businesses... Don't want to part with my money til I know for sure.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
There's info on Canadian Government website -I haven't read right the way through it but I suspect they'll tell you how to apply!
Thank you - that's exactly whaT I'm looking for!
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Hi BOR - I'm pretty sure that Little Lily is based in Canada - maybe PM her with any questions you have. Hope it all works out for ye
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
BOR maybe contact the Cancadian Embassy? That way you'd be sure you're getting 100% true government-issued info. Good luck!
Thanks everyone!
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
[quote="Sparkly Lady":913tldsa]Hi BOR - I'm pretty sure that Little Lily is based in Canada - maybe PM her with any questions you have. Hope it all works out for ye[/quote:913tldsa] Yeah shes there so I'm sure she'd be able to tell you how they went about getting visa etc.
FrenchToast Posts: 433
[quote="BrideOfRecession":ezttfkph]Hey girls, just looking at a few options for myself and OH. We did the free assessment for immigration and they got back to us and said we've a good chance of getting skilled migration visa. BUT the application is through a law firm and we will have to pay 850 now for the next phase of the application - is this the norm? Is there not an official website for Canadian visas - like a government website? I can't seem to find one, they're all law firms and businesses... Don't want to part with my money til I know for sure.[/quote:ezttfkph] Hi, I am based in Canada. Can I ask are either of you over 35 yars of age? Easiest visa to get started on is the 1 yr working visa which is available only if you are under 35 no past convictions etc. As of this year people applying form Ireland can apply for this visa twice meaning you can get your first one and apply again for the following year while out here. I read recently that there is less than 1000 of these left for this year but the new application process would open before Xmas again. This is how we got here and just got approved for next year also. You will find out the process on that website ohsotired quoted. I really wouldnt be jumping to get one of these companies to help you with the Visa. a better bet would be to get a consultant who could advise you on the right process and then getting them to review your forms prior to submitted them. There is quite a few options for pernament residency, none of which are quick. We are going to be looking into this towards the end of the year to get the process started. Best of luck and ask away at questions, Love it here :)
[quote="FrenchToast":3gt2drnu][quote="BrideOfRecession":3gt2drnu]Hey girls, just looking at a few options for myself and OH. We did the free assessment for immigration and they got back to us and said we've a good chance of getting skilled migration visa. BUT the application is through a law firm and we will have to pay 850 now for the next phase of the application - is this the norm? Is there not an official website for Canadian visas - like a government website? I can't seem to find one, they're all law firms and businesses... Don't want to part with my money til I know for sure.[/quote:3gt2drnu] Hi, I am based in Canada. Can I ask are either of you over 35 yars of age? Easiest visa to get started on is the 1 yr working visa which is available only if you are under 35 no past convictions etc. As of this year people applying form Ireland can apply for this visa twice meaning you can get your first one and apply again for the following year while out here. I read recently that there is less than 1000 of these left for this year but the new application process would open before Xmas again. This is how we got here and just got approved for next year also. You will find out the process on that website ohsotired quoted. I really wouldnt be jumping to get one of these companies to help you with the Visa. a better bet would be to get a consultant who could advise you on the right process and then getting them to review your forms prior to submitted them. There is quite a few options for pernament residency, none of which are quick. We are going to be looking into this towards the end of the year to get the process started. Best of luck and ask away at questions, Love it here :)[/quote:3gt2drnu] We're both under 35! I didn't even know about this - thank you so much.
buddylove Posts: 3288
Usit and visafirst do this visa and its pretty straight forward. good luck!!!