Menu

canceling a supplier

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingham Posts: 3014
Hi Girls, Is it possible to cancel a supplier. I booked a supplier last January but have since found someone cheaper and who I have more confidence in. I paid a deposit back in January. I am not looking for my deposit back obviously and its six months to my wedding. Do you think its going to be a problem?will I have to pay them the full amount?
blissful2b Posts: 1555
shouldn't think so. you won't get your deposit back though more than likely.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I cant imagine you will get your deposit back but you wont need to pay any thing else - unless you signed a contract saying so
Gingham Posts: 3014
No didn't sign a contract or anything..will give them a ring tomorrow. thanks for the replies girls
kelsar Posts: 690
good luck hope it works out ok
blissful2b Posts: 1555
always get a written contract. it will cover eventualities such as this. Any respectable vendor will give you one!
BigBird09 Posts: 349
I figure if you didn't sign a contract you will only lose your deposit. Appletizer, As for always get a contract - most contracts are designed to safeguard the position of the person who drafts them - the vendor - so I'm not at all sure they are a good idea for us wollies. Chances are that if OP had signed a contract with her supplier she might be obliged to pay more to get out of it!
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
No you'll most likely just loose the deposit but check your contract (if there is indeed one)