Cancelling Interview

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shrub Posts: 956
Oh help girls, I had agreed to an interview in two weeks time but the thing is i have changed my mind and no longer want the position(if i were to get it).What should i tell the company? I know calling them would be better but am soo chicken would rather email. Thanks :thnk
curliwurli Posts: 3369
it probably would be more professional and more polite to call, and to keeps things pleasant in case you ever changed your mind if a position came up with them in future??
jen2 Posts: 3106
I will ring them. You never know what will happen in the future. I would never leave anything on a bad note. Just say thank you very much, but something else has come-up. etc.... Jen2
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Yeah, ring, and do it sooner rather than later. They will really appreciate you giving them plenty of notice
Mrs áthas Posts: 3488
I would ring and ask to speak with whoever you were due to meet with. say: hi, this is shrub calling, you may recall we were due to meet on x date regarding x position. i am sorry to say that i will not be able to make it. circumstances have changed in my current role, and i am sorry for any inconvenience caused. i hope you will keep me in mind for future vacancies'
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="curly wurly":2swhx7h5]it probably would be more professional and more polite to call, and to keeps things pleasant in case you ever changed your mind if a position came up with them in future??[/quote:2swhx7h5] Yep I agree, politely ring and say due to circumstances you can not apply for the position but than you for the opertunity.
sinion Posts: 6050
yep definitely call and let them know, they'll appreciate. Our HR manager was due to meet an interviewee yesterday and the guy did a no show, he was so pissed off.
Shrub Posts: 956
Well i rang her yesterday afternoon and she was sooo nice, left me questioning my decision O:| O:| Life is never easy is it!