Canckles .... would a foot massage help or hinder??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jarashow Posts: 3083
Have had the mother of all cankles for the last few days, normally they go down overnight, but nothing at all lately. Does anyone know if a foot massage might help? Even if it doesn't help would it be recommended or not if your feet were quite swollen?
chicam Posts: 1169
I'm not sure about a foot massage, it might hurt you more than anything. You need to make sure your feet are higher than your blood circulation so try lying down with your feet raised, and I found an ice pack on my ankles helped (or a pack of frozen peas if you've got them!)
silíní Posts: 4219
Keep your feet elevated, esp at night, you can use a pillow. Also, get your BP checked as i had REALLY swollen ankles and ended up with pre-eclampsia at 36 weeks, Just get it checked to make sure. S
Thanks guys. I have an appt on Monday so will have it checked then, but have had this on and off for the last few months and all has been fine, although it has gone down somewhat inbetween. I booked a Mama Mio foot treatment for Monday afternoon which says it helps swelling so will see how we do then.
Toots12 Posts: 894
Maternity reflexology will also definitely help and is a gorgeous relaxing treatment with the added benefit of helping you to sleep better!!
bride. Posts: 3014
Where are you getting the Mamma Mio treatment? Sounds divine.
They do them in Nuala Woulfe in Glasthule, South Co Dublin. I know that Spirit Nail spas do them too. Well they went down a good bit last night, I had pillows under them in bed which seems to have done the trick... could see a faint bone this morning!! They have since gone up again though :o(
Are they sore jara?? i know what its like, none of my shoes fitted me by the time i was 35 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the rest of me was just as bad, i was like the michelin man! Dont worry, after you give birth it will all go down! I was peeing like a horse for days as all the water ran out of me!! :-8 :-8
Yeah a bit uncomfortable alright. Just feel very tight as if they are going to burst... do you think you can get stretch marks on your feet???? :o0
Yep mine feltlike that, no stretch marks though so i doubt it"!!