Candles in the Church

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rainbowgirl Posts: 100
Can anyone tell me how many candles I need to get for the church? Is it 1 big one and 2 small or just one big one? Don't we light just one ? Any info greatly appreciated.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
You need 2 small and 1 big. At the start of the ceremony you and OH light a small candle each then later in the ceremony the priest will ask you to light the big one using the flame from the smaller ones
Oh thanks for that Daisy Row. They should be easy enough to get, another thing to tick off my list. Do most people go for personalised ones? I've seen a really nice big candle on a website for E55. Is this crazy? I know the chances are you'll put them in a box after the wedding and never use them again, except maybe in a power cut!!
orlaithd Posts: 11
Hey ya They've a wide selection on Lantz.ie (I saw them in the actual shop too) and set of the three is about €35 so better value. I'm prob not going to go for the personalized ones as no one will see them anyway as they will be in a flower arrangement so probably could get them for less than that! Orlaithd
Yeah Orlaithd you're absolutely right, didn't think, of course they will be in the flower arrangement! I'll have a look at that website anyway, €35 is pretty good!
aishryan Posts: 28
our florist is putting in plain ones for free in our alter arrangement - i dont see the need for the personalised one to be honest - what do you do with it afterwards!?