cani take Strepsils?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babs76 Posts: 1000
Hi girls - does anyone know if its safe to take strepsils while you are pregnant? I've had a throat infection since last week, i went to the doc and he said that there isnt really anything that can be done, he did say to gargle paracetemol and water but i start coughing at night so the strepsils help. i've only taken 2 as i'm not sure if i can take them...just wondering if anyone has / is taken them whilst prgnant thanks
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Hi Babs76, My doc told me i could take strepsils - but only once you reach the econd trimester and to follow the max allowances as per the pack exactly... he also mentioned I might be better just sticking to soothers, but again I think these are only in the second trimester.... HTH
LMR Posts: 1925
I was told that I couldn't have them. All I could have was regular panadol or stuff like Halls.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
it's funny how different doctors give conflicting advice... O:| Given what littlemissrachy was told you would probably be better just sticking with the Halls Soothers.....
babs76 Posts: 1000
It's so hard to know what you can and can't take - i had the strepsil swallowed before it even occured to me that perhaps i shouldnt take it - then last night i couldnt get a minute sleep with my cough so i took another one I presume taking 2 strepsils isnt going to harm the baby in any way - be different if i took 2 packs! looks like i will just have to stick to the honey and water
Princess_Jessabell Posts: 291
i had a really bad throat infection and wanted to take the strpsils with the anasthetic (sp) in them and the pharmacist told me i wasnt allowed :o(