Menu

Cant believe they can do this!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maidmarian Posts: 280
Okay people, sorry if this gets confusing but i'm so mad/upset that i could end up typing anything!! Okay small bit of backround, H2b is from england, has one brother who is married with 2 young kids. H2b really wanted them to involved in the wedding as they have never been to visit Ireland. He asked his brother to be best man & his 2 young kids to be flower girl & page boy. yesterday he recieved the following text Hey mate, small problem. won't be able to make it to your wedding cos i have to take my holidays the week before & i cant afford to take the extra time off, sure now we have our passports we can come another time. Now maybe it's just me but i dont think a text message is the most appropriate method of telling h2b this, and in fairness they have known the date of the wedding for a year & 1/2 now & all he'd have to take off is 2 days max. H2b is so upset & cant even repy to msg! O:|
Mrs Cuddles! Posts: 835
What does he mean he has to take his holidays the week before? Why cant he take them the week of the wedding? That sounds like a load of crap to me. i dont blame you or your poor h2b for being upset.
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
What a bastard! You're poor H2B must feel horrible. I don't really have any advice but I just couldn't read and not say something. What is that man's problem; does he not realise how much that would hurt your H2B. Does he have other family, or is it just him and his brother? Thats just mean.
sinion Posts: 6050
wow, now that is a nasty thing to do, didn't even have the decency to ring him, i'd be furious >:o(
maidmarian Posts: 280
[quote:320jwz5d]MrsCuddles2b Posted: 22 Jan 2008 12:03 Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What does he mean he has to take his holidays the week before? Why cant he take them the week of the wedding? That sounds like a load of crap to me. i dont blame you or your poor h2b for being upset [/quote:320jwz5d] He works in a factory & they have set holidays, i just know if it was my sister i'd sort something out, theres no way id miss it!
Fifi Le Fume Posts: 1718
Dont blame h2b for been upset, id be furious >:o( That a bit shitty of his brother to do that. And especially by text, he could have at least rang.
Inline - Algarve WP
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
I'm not surprised your H2B is upset... It amazes me how many people think the wedding is about them and not the actual bride and groom...
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
I know he has set holidays but surely his brothers wedding would be classed as a big family event and his bosses would make an exception for 2 days. Very ad form on your h2bs' brothers part and to do it by text!! >:o(
Mrs Cuddles! Posts: 835
Maybe he should call in sick for the two days?! He wont need a doctors note if its under 3 days.
gerbil Posts: 3528
ah jaysus that's so rude. NOt even to ring? any chance he's just winding your h2b up? If not, then he has every right to be upset. COuld you talk to the future inlaws, get the MIL or someone to ring and give the brother an earful? Maybe if he realises the entire family are annoyed he'll make more of an effort.